Who's this guy?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kastoo

Reaction score
I agree after seeing this:

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/auc/slajl6QofpCQ/thefoodmanis-img342x465-skip002a.jpg?auAmqsLBNrOkDCW_

swizzle

Reaction score
Just a few more from this week. Starting in the back row the biggest, clear bottle. It say's "shenleys" I think its a canadian whiskey. Its newer, the seam goes through the top. I can't find any info on it. The next biggest bottle is the brown one in the back it reads' "buy only if sealed in tin top carton" It has 2 ships and what appears to be George Washington on it. The seam doesn't go all the way through the top. The aqua colored bottle in front of that has a poor trim job on the seam and what I think is a pontil mark the size of an eisenhower dollar on the base. (still new at this). The bottles on both sides are "atwoods, jaundice bitters, formerly made by moses atwood, georgetown, mass". The clear one is a screw top and the aqua one on the left is a cork top. The other brown bottle has a seam that goes to the bottom of the neck. Nothing else really special about this one. The little tiny green one next to it says "Benjamin Franklin" on it and the bottom reads "Made in Tiawan". The dark green one in the middle says "larkin co. buffalo" I tried to look this one up and kept finding larkin soap co. buffalo. Not sure if its newer or older then the larkin soap company buffalo bottle though. The other clear one in the front on the right is a "higgins ink brooklyn ny" and what I think might be the buy of the day. The bottle front and center of the pic is a turtle ink well. j & iem Patd Oct. 31st 1865. The screw top atwoods is the only bottle I dug. The rest I bought at garage sales for a total of $6.25. The turtle inkwell was a quarter. Gotta love it. I know I do. I gotta go back to that one place. The guy say's he's got over 15,000 bottles, $1 each. I bought 5 from him (didn't have anymore cash on hand or I woulda bought more). Hope you like the pic and if you can give me any information on any of these it would be greatly appreciated. If you want to see close ups of anything let me know. Thanx for reading this long a$$ post. Swiz

Rp44878.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44878.jpg
    Rp44878.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 70

medbottle

Reaction score
Hi swizzle. Your little guy is a mustard jar, and he has two "brothers".
There are three different faces: one smiling, one frowning, and one in between, and they corresponded to how spicey the mustard was. I don't remember the name of the company. I can't remember if I got this info from this site, from Digger's site, or from eBay, but there was a picture of your bottle with a description that sounded legitimate. I'll scan the Zumwalt's book and let you know if I find anything else.

swizzle

Reaction score
Sweet, thanx for the info. I knew it had to be some sort of set. The bottom has no mint marks so I figured that they might have been sold as a gift pack. I might be wrong on the gift pack but I was pretty sure it had to be a set. I was hoping to find the rest of the set but no luck yet. Tomorrow I'll be digging at another dump that's about 100 feet closer to the cellar hole then the dump I found him at. I'll post any keepers. Tanx again, Swiz

Tony14

Reaction score
Is that amber one in the back a "Federal law forbids..." bottle? If it is you should post a close up under collecters chat in "Ambitiuos project."

swizzle

Reaction score
Naw don't scratch that post. I didn't give a full discription of the bottle. It is a federal law forbids...yada yada bottle. I'll post it and give a better detailed discription of it in the collectors chat. Very observant you are. Thanx for the reply. Swiz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green Mountain Mom