William and Severance San Francisco Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
Hey,
Picked this up yesterday in Placerville. I love it so much. Just needs to be cleaned really well.
I would love some info on it.

newbox177.jpg

newbox178.jpg

newbox179.jpg

Lordbud

Reaction score
Under no circumstances should you clean or tumble this bottle. You were extremely lucky to pick this up. Don't touch it and leave the sticker on the base. Damn near perfect specimen!!!

Lordbud

Reaction score
Gold Rush soda 1852 vintage. Eastern made. This is a real beauty. No need to clean it. So so lucky to have picked this up. Anything under $200 would be a steal. Please don't have it cleaned or tumbled. This is in really nice original condition.

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
Yeah, the guy wanted $175 for it, but after purchasing 15 other bottles from him I only had $50 left. Aaron told me to forget about it cause we could not afford it. I figured it would not hurt to ask if he would take $50 for it and to my surprise it accepted it. There is a bit of hazing, a few minor scratches, and some iridization. Just cannot see it in the photos. Aaron is really good at taking pictures. He uses back lighting and no flash. Here is a photo with the back light and flash....

pho007.jpg

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
The last photo doesn't show the true color, just the amount of haze. I feel very lucky as well. [:D]

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I was pretty stoked to have picked this one up. We couldn't afford it at all, but for the price we couldn't afford to leave it either. I think we'll have to sell a few of the others we got with this one to make it up, but oh well. I was telling Jen when we got it that that's true California beginnings right there. 1850s isn't that old out east, but it doesn't get any older here out west. I love the thing. The guy we got it from had so many bottles it was overwhelming, but after an hour and a half or so, I think we got the best ones he had for what I would call a steal. AND the guy said he would definitely call me for a job. That's worth 1000 pontiled sodas right there. I'm so sick of side work and temp jobs. I'll take a steady job and steady paycheck over any bottle, any day. Well almost any bottle[:D].

sandchip

Reaction score
Beautiful bottle, and that sticker makes me agree even more with everybody to not clean it.

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
Aaron!
Are these from the Craigslist ad?
Did you leave anything there that I might be interested in?
Lucky dog... bottles AND a job...it just doesn't get any better than that!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles