Wishart's Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
A nice little early Christmas present...just a fun (but very wet and cold) dig! Rhodes' Antidote to Malaria (smooth base), two Wishart's (very different trees on these), a pontiled T&M ink, and a bunch of slicks. Nice when the hard work pays off...I've never dug any of these bottles before so a bunch of firsts even if they are not all that rare.

Attachments

• 670c8667a1674b4d897be6530c9597c6.jpg
    670c8667a1674b4d897be6530c9597c6.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 88

nhpharm

Reaction score
I was excited about the Rhodes as well...it was so muddy when I found it that I didn't see the front embossing and thought it was the more common version that is only embossed on the two side panels. I understand it is a Providence, Rhode Island bottle-how common are they?

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
nhpharm said:
I was excited about the Rhodes as well...it was so muddy when I found it that I didn't see the front embossing and thought it was the more common version that is only embossed on the two side panels. I understand it is a Providence, Rhode Island bottle-how common are they?
In Matt's book, the Rhode's is listed as you suspected, a Providence RI bottle, ca. 1850's-60's and priced at $140-150 and described as "crude." An OP variant is listed at $300-350, and in my opinion, Matt's price estimates are generally conservative. As for the Pine Tree's, I am drooling! I have dug at least a dozen busted ones and even brought 2 home to glue and cry over.......that one is near the top of my "gotta dig someday" list! Also, I thought to let you know the T&M is a bear's oil bottle and highly collectable as well. Nice finds all around! Jack

nhpharm

Reaction score
Jack, Thanks so much for the information! That is cool about the T&M bottle...dug a part of a Bears Grease pot lid on this same location, so the people here must have been partial to it. The crazy thing is that I never dreamed I would ever find a Pine Tree and have never found even a piece before. These two were inches from each other...I guess you never know what might come out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday