Wishart's Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Doctor McMunn

Reaction score
Nice digs. That Wisharts on the right has a funky crooked trunk. Nice rainbow benicia sheen to it too.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Gorgeous bottles man, the wisharts are nice'n crude and that Malaria cure is the shizz! I want one!

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
i've heard those two Wishart's described as " summer " and " winter ". the " summer " versions are much harder to find. at least someone is outdigging. i'm getting a bit stir crazy waiting for the snow to melt... jim

David Fertig

Reaction score
Never dug an intact Wisharts. Closest I came is a glue-back in 3 pieces. Sigh..... Some day....... More to the dig story? Privy I assume? Merry Christmas to you with that pair.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Not a privy...though I thought it was one when I started...probed like one. Ended up being a trash pit or maybe a clean-out but no walls and was a tough dig...walls sloughed in continuously and the hole was like quicksand. Ended up digging it to 7', then laying in the water on my back, probing down with one of my digging tools, then reaching down and plucking out anything I felt with the tool. Not ideal and probably left something behind but digging to bottom (9') wasn't happening on this one (at least not safely). Was a very strange hole as the older (pontiled) stuff was actually mostly on the top with the newer (smooth base) stuff on the bottom... The good news is that I did find the wall of a privy on the back of the trash pit so another dig is coming soon!

Rufus

Reaction score
nhpharm, SUPER NICE bottles; I have only dug two pontiled bottles in all my digs in Arizona, AZ was not a state until 1912!Just when you say I will never find one of those; the item pops out of the dirt.......Here is one I never thought I would see; it is the only known example. Pulled it out of a 13 foot privy in Tucson.Keep on digging.Karl

Attachments

• ad184c9f64134b038b90d15b1a9d27a5.jpg
    ad184c9f64134b038b90d15b1a9d27a5.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn