WISHARTS, RADAMS ANS WHIMSEYS FOR SALE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: milkglassbottles

I don't think so...

http://www.authentichistory.com/1898-1913/2-progressivism/8-quackery/index.html

"...On February 21, 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt signed the Pure Food and Drug Act. Some quacks were enormously successful. German immigrant William Radam started selling "Microbe Killer" throughout the United States in the 1880s. His project claimed to "Cure All Diseases," and even embossed the promise on the glass bottles in which the medicine was packaged. In fact, Radam's medicine was a therapeutically useless (and in large quantities actively poisonous) dilute solution of sulfuric acid, colored with red wine".

That's no fun Heroin & morphine made the world a bit more bearable back then,at least they "felt" like the stuff was working [:D]

ironmountain

Reaction score
very very nice looking collection. Looks like museum quality display. I love the cases too.

I hear what you're saying about the cost of hardware. Especially original period hardware. Checked out restoration hardware. Great stuff, just way too much for my budget. Luckily people around here either throw the doorknobs etc away, or they bring it to the Restore and you can buy them for a few bucks each.

Great woodwork on those cases.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR