Witch bottle found during Newark Civil War Centre dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
That's a cool article but it doesn't say (that I saw) they found fingernails and stuff in it, that would be a help if they did. Otherwise it's just an onion (or whatever). [8|]

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think they're saying it's a witching bottle because it was found near the side of the building. Which is unfortunate, as it means that when I was metal detecting by the side of a house last summer I found a whole bunch of witching roofing nails and even a witching pulltab, and I threw them away without a second thought to their historical provenance.

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
...and I have got a barnful of witchbottles that haven't been filled yet!Though I DO have a witch stone, which is just a stone that sticks out of the wall (It's a 200 year old Cornish granite cottage) that is (was) supposed to catch the witch flying on her broomstick unawares and stop her flying round and round the cottage, as you do....when you are a witch....:) www.earlyglass.com facebook: Earlyglass for sale & show

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Should I mention the witch balls?No those would be warlocks I think. [:D]Anyway, Happy All Hallows all.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26