Wm. T. Allen Paterson 3 backward N’s

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

embe

Reaction score
At least they're consistent with their mistakes. lol side note: I get messed up if I'm trying to thread something under a sink while using a mirror. My brain couldn't get around it. Had to rely on muscle memory

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
At least they're consistent with their mistakes. lol side note: I get messed up if I'm trying to thread something under a sink while using a mirror. My brain couldn't get around it. Had to rely on muscle memory
The mirror plays with the image left to right and forward to backwards but no effect on up or down. It would mess with anyone’s head. I bet you could get used to it but you would be a mess when not looking in a mirror. Knocking things over and bumping into things.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Reactions: Roy

historic-antiques

Reaction score
I just got this Wm. T. Allen Paterson, N.J. Hutchinson with 3 backward N’s. Thanks for looking.
ROBBYBOBBY64.View attachment 252998View attachment 252999
I wonder if, like error coins, these error bottles are worth more than regular, mold-corrected bottles? That would be a whole new field in bottle collecting. Then you'd have to have ways to confirm if they're really errors or molded that way to "be different" or as a marketing gimmick, etc.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I wonder if, like error coins, these error bottles are worth more than regular, mold-corrected bottles? That would be a whole new field in bottle collecting. Then you'd have to have ways to confirm if they're really errors or molded that way to "be different" or as a marketing gimmick, etc.
No, there are 3 different variations of Wm. T. Allen that have 3 backward N’s. I wondered if they did it on purpose as a sales gimmick. There are others that are not reversed. This is from Hutchbook. I have the NJ0415. There is the NJ0414.5 & NJ0415.5.
IMG_2054.png

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen