NEW Paterson NJ stoneware jug...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
As of last Friday there were only 2 Paterson NJ script jugs with decoration on them, I own one and the ULTIMATE Number One jug hasn't been seen in 25 years since it was auctioned off, someday I hope to track it down...

NOW there are 3 decorated script jugs from Paterson thanks to Christopher Bellizzi(fellow bottle collector). He saw this pic of an auction 3-1/2 hours north of me in Upstate NY that was happening today, and since I had nothing else to do I made the 7 hour round trip, I imagine nothing would have kept me home.

And now I own 2/3 of the decorated Paterson script jugs.

Nothing really special, just a few tulips above the name and location, but I only know of one other "Eliott" jug, also a 3 gallon, and it isn't decorated. Elliott is spelled wrong on both jugs. This jug dates to 1870-71 when he was at 40 Market St., in 1872 he moved to Main St.

This isn't a Horse jug, or a Deer, or a Lion, or a Peacock jug, or 4 Soldiers marching along, but to me this is the second best Paterson jug out there, fingers crossed someone like Chris or someone else sees it and sends me a PM, KUDOS to Christopher, this made my year!!! There are very few Paterson jugs or bottles I need in my collection, glad I bought this beauty....

First pic is the undecorated Elliot, 2nd pic is the Ultimate Paterson NJ jug, I will always be looking for it, lastly my new jug from Elliott

SW Elliott jug 3 gallon undecorated.jpg
Stoneware Zabriskie & Barrett 2 gallon.jpg

IMG_E7471.JPG
IMG_7472.JPG

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I haven’t seen all these pictures. I saw a couple you posted on Facebook. That Zabriskie jug is killer!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac