WOW RED!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
HOPE YOU ARE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND DOING GREAT!

CAUGHT A PROGRAM LAST NIGHT AND THOUGHT OF YOU...WAS JUST CHANNEL SURFING AND CAME ONTO A PLANT THAT MADE BOTTLES...SHOWED THE PROCESS FROM BEGINNING TO END.

WISH I COULD REMEMBER ALL THE DETAILS...BUT IT WAS SO COOL TO SEE! IT WAS JUST A SHORT SEGMENT.MAN THEY CAN PUT OUT ALOT OF BOTTLES IN LITTLE TIME.

AT THE END THEY COATED THE BOTTLES WITH SOMETHING SO WHEN THE BOTTLES SCRAPE AGAINST EACH OTHER THEY WON'T SCRATCH..THEY SHOWED HOW EASILY THEY SCRATCHED IF NOT COATED...MAN AT THE HEAT AND THE COOLING PROCESS..IF THE HOT BOTTLES TOUCH ANOTHER ONE ON THE LINE THEY FUSE TOGETHER.

LIKE I SAID WISH I COULD REMEMBER IT ALL!

IF YOU ARE ANY ONE SAW THIS CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT SHOW IT WAS ON? I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE AND CHANGED CHANNELS AFTER THE BOTTLE SEGMENT.

MAYBE IT IS ON YOU TUBE...WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT AGAIN!

WELL RED...SURE HOPE ALL IS WELL MY GOOD FRIEND!! OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU! JAMIE

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Was it Factory Made on Discovery science? I found an episode that had bottled water.
Yes, it's one of 3 segments. in a 1/2 hour show it that was it.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
http://www.sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/michaelowens.mpg

This link shows the operation of the Owens Machine. In it you can see the glass lift into the blank mold and the shear cut off the lift of glass. This operation leaves a circle on the bottom of a bottle when it is done.

It shows the transfer of the parison to the final blow mold and really the whole operation of the Owens Machine.

Thanks for the showing - I hope everyone takes the time to watch it. RED Matthews

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's a great vid!! I think I watched it 3 times before I realized it was a loop.. [:D]

Wangan

Reaction score
I`ve seen pictures of this machine but this is the first time I have ever actually seen it in operation! Very cool indeed! I bet an arm could be ripped off by that baby pretty easily if they didn`t pay attention or was sleepy from long hours.I know of only one person that could put out like that...[8|]

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Was it Factory Made on Discovery science? I found an episode that had bottled water.
Yes, it's one of 3 segments. in a 1/2 hour show it that was it.

YEP THIS WAS THE SHOW! I SEE OTHER BOTTLE MAKING THINGS ON YOU TUBE,BUT NOT THE "FACTORY MADE" SEGMENT" UNLIKE THE OTHERS...EACH PHASE WAS TALKED ABOUT AND EXPLAINED...THANKS FOR THE HELP ERIC...AND THANKS FOR THE LINK RED!!

MAYBE IT WILL BE PUT ON YOU TUBE SOON...JAMIE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen