WWII Pepsi

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kbobam

Reaction score
I think it's sort of funny that if you asked most people today when they thought the recycling 'movement' started, they'd likely guess in the 60's to 70's range. The neck label on this one, making a point of requesting the cap as well as bottle, is a reminder that a couple decades earlier recycling was going on, the likes of which we haven't seen since! Cheers, Bob

DF24A54217124FF5A077BEDDBB3BFE49.jpg

Attachments

• DF24A54217124FF5A077BEDDBB3BFE49.jpg
    DF24A54217124FF5A077BEDDBB3BFE49.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 54

LC

Reaction score
And lets not forget about the young recyclers years ago that went along looking for the ones people threw out of cars ! I used to pick them up when I was a kid , two cents apiece for deposit ! If I had a good day and found as many as eight of them , I was in hog heaven , that would pay for a pop and a candy bar

kbobam

Reaction score
I was even more embarassed about the incorrect cap when it occurred to me, in a mildly politically-incorrect way, that I must have been out of my mind to not realize that a WWII cap would certainly be red white and blue. More importantly, no way no how would it be, uh, that 'other' color! With apologies if necessary to all my Asian friends, Bob ( :

kbobam

Reaction score
I probably don't appreciate the paper labels as much as you do overall, but I liked the story behind this one.
I heard once that a good 'authenticity hint' with these was that if you can look through the back of the bottle and see two very neat glue lines, running vertically on the left and right edges of the label, then you're probably in good shape. I'm guessing that the implication is that most people trying to 're-create' bottles will apply glue all over the back of the label. Not certain on this though. Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960