www.bottledigging.co.uk

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
it seems we have 2!
http://grimdigger1.proforumhost.com/viewtopic.php?t=4&mforum=grimdigger1

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Yes isn't this fun hopping from one website to the next[:)]
Cobaltcodd has it dead right, us UK bottler's are too much involved with our own egos, making up little cliques (is that how you spell it?) that others can't join in with, and too quick to enjoy any gossip going around. Read through the topics and messages on this excellent US based forum and you'll see a real difference in the attitude of people and content. So hopefully this time round on the latest UK site we can concentrate on being nice to each other, disregard who seems to be getting better known than someone else, and talk about bottles.
At the same time I should really like to thank the guys in charge of this site for their patience. Every time we get trouble we come running back here, only to start our own thing up again and leave them hanging. It's a bit embarassing. This is always going to happen however, I'm glad we've still got people out there willing to try it again and get our own thing going and have already applied to join the latest UK one, but I think a full round of thanks should go to the guys here.
Thanks guys
See the rest of you on the new site.....[;)]
earlyglasscollector

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi and welcome earlyglasscollector and all you others from the UK forum.
This site is actuly UK based as well but is a true international site in practise [;)] . It's a great pity that the other UK site has gone (again [8|] ) but you are all more than welcome to join us here [:)] , any UK based posts will fit in well into the appropriate section along with all the Australian, American and the smattering of the rest of the worlds posts [:D] .
Looking forward to seeing more from you all.

bottledigging

Reaction score
I cannot apologize enough for closing the forum down again. You would not believe the hassle involved in running the forum when there are people intent on closing it down.
I know I will be accused of being thin skinned but what you see is only a tiny fraction of what the admin has to put up with, many posts and usernames were deleted before you even saw them.
4 different admins had a go at running the site and when they realised what was going on they all abandoned ship.
I can only guess who was responsible for causing the trouble but I know it was several people and not just one individual. I think the main problem was caused by the ebay alerts this certainly did seem to get peoples backs up.
I would like everyone to know the forum did not close because of Mr Grim, his last comments were just the final straw in a haystack of complaints and problems. The forum would not have gone on much longer anyway.
Good luck with all your projects and if anyone needs pointing in the right direction of where to get the software or where to get advice for running the software give me a shout and I will let you have the URL's

dansauk

Reaction score
All the anti-ebay posts/alerts were posted in good steed, with plenty of people able to verify that there were indeed fake pot-lids being sold on ebay. I can't believe that could cause so many problems!!!

What other sort of problems were you having???

I know grimdigger was having a little dig at the videos, but (in his own words from the other week when we dug together) he says he just likes to have a bit of fun and try to provoke some reaction. You know what he's like!!!! I'm glad it wasn't his comments that led to the total closure.

I'm just really annoyed that I lost access to all my private messages, where I was discussing with several (local to me) people about certain sites and interests where I live. I don't even know if these members will be on the new forums or even find them, and that is a real shame.

Anyway, for all those interested, we have ironed out some of the initial problems on grimdiggers site, what with some idiots registering all the names of the regular posters on the old forum and using them to edit and post dodgy xxx content all over the site. Hopefully we have it under control now. Fingers cross. The worst thing was someone tellling all the non-UK members that we didn't want any non-UK "foreigners". This is absolute rubbish, and every one in the world no matter where you are from are welcom on the new board!!

I'd also like to apologise to the admin of the old site for a post I put on grimdiggers forum about my feelings towards the old board and it's closure (it has been deleted by the way). I posted that message in a fit of RAGE and ANGER , due to the saboutage of grimdiggers board. What I posted was all stupid speculation on my behalf, and I should not have posted it. I wish the administrator of (the now defunct) www.bottledigging.co.uk best wishes in what he is doing now and in the future, and hope he takes the time to register with the new board and share his incredible knowledge. I must say I loved the videos that were posted, and they really fired me up for some digging action (even if those sort of days are over in this scene!!). Hey, even my wife enjoyed the digging vids, seeing the nice stuff coming out of the ash!!!!

THanks again for the old forum, let's hope we can resurrect some of that magic on the new forums!!!

Bloody hell, It's late here (3:00am) and I wrote all that!!! I must be mad!! ....or dedicated :)

Cheers

Dan (dansa) (or dansauk as I am sometimes known!!)

dansauk

Reaction score
by the way, the new forum is at:

http://www.proforumhost.com/index.php?mforum=grimdigger1

hope to see you all there!!!!!

kumtow

Reaction score
TANDY!!!!!, your presence is formally requested on Grims site. Some people are addicted to your posts and need a fix. Best you get your asre back on there.

Do as you are told!!!!! and bring a spellchekka with ya. Same goes for all you other former non UK members, you too gunsmoke (kelley), get your lilly white....back on there

Strewth!!! I gotta do everthing!!!!

IRISH

Reaction score
I wonder if any non-Australian members know what a "lilly white" is [8|] [:D].

ps Anyone who feels the need to tell, please don't be crude [;)] .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen