Yellow Keach Torpedo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

potstone

Reaction score
Chris, Great looking torpedo soda. Really nice color.
I don't collect Baltimore bottles but lately I have been
thinking that I would really enjoy starting a collection
of Baltimore Torpedo soda's. There is something about them
I like a lot.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice complements everyone I'm glad you all enjoyed seeing the bottle. It has gotten hard for me to add much to the collection every year but this year has been really great. With several very special pieces in great colors.

Chris

blade

Reaction score
Chris,
Great looking bottle, did you ever obtain that small, peachy, orangey, colored, salve jar or utility that was listed awhile ago on the forum ?

bottlediger

Reaction score
Best collection I have personally seen to date. Baltimore glass Is my favorite, its just beautiful and unique

Digger Ry

redbeardrelics

Reaction score
Hey Chris, Congratulations on the yellow topaz Keach, It looks great along side your other colored Baltimore torpedos and squats. It is good to see that one again, and knowing it has a good new home.
I don't know if you are aware of the full provenance on that bottle? That is one of the examples I had back in the mid 1990's before upgrading it, and trading it on to Jeff who held it for about 10 years before consigning it to the recent GW auctions.
That yellow Keach was dug along with a pontiled olive amber Hampton's V Tincture, and an ameythest pontiled utility, in the old Frederick, MD town dump. They must have emptied out an old privy and hauled it to the dump to, for it to have ended up amongst the generally 1890-1910 bottles found there. Every once in a while you could hit a surprising pontiled cluster in that dump.
Chris V.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the info on the Keach Jeff had told me he thought that was where this one was found but he wasn't sure. I will add its provenance to my notes. That ameythest pontiled utility sounds very nice any word on where it ended up going? Did you manage to get anything from the most recent couple Glassworks auctions?

Chris

glass man

Reaction score
AS A COLLECTOR THAT LOVES COLORS AND DIFFERENT SHAPES THAT IS A BEATIFUL BOTTLR! JAMIE

Clam

Reaction score
Beautiful stuff Chris, I am still waiting on that invite to see your collection.....Only one problem though.....my camera can only take 2800 pictures !!! Maybe I will have to upgrade !!!! By the way I was poking around the spot where you dug the slip decorated redware plate last week and found a small redware shard that looks like it goes to a plate so I held onto it for you........Greg

redbeardrelics

Reaction score
Hey Chris, I only picked up the Keach and Hamptons from the fellow that dug them in Frederick. I should have picked up the amethyst bottle as well but didn't. I heard that fellow died about a year after I hooked up with him, so there is no telling where the amethyst bottle is now.
I didn't buy anything from the first round in GWA. In hindsight I should have bid on the aqua Boyd but didn't, thinking it would go much higher. It ended up at around half of what I had bid on it against Jeff a few years ago. Who knows, if I had bid on it this time it probably would have gone much higher (that is my luck). Aqua is not the sexiest color for a Baltimore torpedo, but is certainly one of the rarest colors.
In this last round I ended up with lots 505 and 525, and had interest in the pair of damaged John Clarks but was outbid on that one. how about you?
CV

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen