Baltimore Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
After cutting my grass today I felt the lighting was good for taking some pictures. Here are some early Baltimore pieces. I hope everyone enjoys them...

Chris

Baltimoretoday1a.jpg
Baltimoretoday1b.jpg

Here's my Mckay & Clark Ten Pin soda. The partnership between James McKay and John Clark lasted from sometime in 1850 until October 20th 1853

Baltimoretoday2a.jpg

This is my pair of Cole & Co Ten Pins both are different molds one the embossing is quite a bit lower on the bottle and on the reverse has Street abbreviated St. And the other bottle has it spelled out. This partnership was between Charles A Cole and Christopher F. Brown and lasted from 1849-1850. Before 1849 Brown was partnered with Philip Gardner.

Baltimoretoday4a.jpg

This is a nice sort of a light yellow olive colored Gardner & Brown torpedo. This bottle was used by the partnership of Philip Gardner and Christopher F. Brown from 1846 to 1848.

Baltimoretoday3a.jpg

Here is my apricot copper colored Chapman's Soda torpedo. This could be Baltimore's earliest embossed soda bottle possibly dating as early as 1840 and spurring the use of the Torpedo and Ten Pin forms in Baltimore during the 1840s

Now on to some medicines..... Still have a ton of research to do on most of these..... I will get to it when I get all the soda stuff straightened out...

Baltimoretoday5a.jpg

Pair of large Davis & Miller pontiled bottles in Blue and Aqua... I believe these could be master inks rather then medicines.

Baltimoretoday6a.jpg

Large and small sized Davis & Miller Wedge shaped bottles.....

Baltimoretoday7a.jpg

Shepherds Sarsaparilla, Dr Martin's Syrup of Wild Cherry, Edwards Pain Extracting Lotion

Baltimoretoday8a.jpg

R. GIbney's Tetterwash, Ober & McConkey's Specific For Fever & Ague, McKenzie & Co Baltimore

Baltimoretoday9a.jpg

A few nice colored Baltimore made utilities.....

epackage

Reaction score
Great stuff as always Chris, love those Torp's...Jim

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I cut the grass too Chris but I had no time for bottles today.I just got done mowing my Dads grass also.Between the two lawns I push mow both I have figured out each weekend that I walk about 5 miles bagging each lawn.Very good exercise.You have some great bottles Chris thanks for posting them.I have one torpedo soda or beer from Woodbury New jersey it is buried in my attic when I can find the time to get up their Ill try and find it.It is a pretty blue color.

annie44

Reaction score
Love those Baltimore colors! I also really like the wedge shaped bottles - sure don't see too many of them......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc