Yesterday's find.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

K6TIM

Reaction score
Picked these up yesterday for cheap. I know there probably not worth much but thought they were cool looking! Thought I would share!View attachment 234306
The bottles are in real niceshape.That a pretty blue tint to them.The first one is a hair lotian bottle for ladies hair.The second bottle is a soda/water bottle.The third on is a common medicine bottle,and the fourth is a liniment bottle for taking the pain away from sore achie muscles.Balsum was used in the olden time for that!

K6TIM

Reaction score
The first on near as I can tell in a green medicine bottle with a crude extract lip.The secopnd and third are hutchinton soda bottles with a blob top lip..The third on looks like a medicine bottle with a extract lip.The forth one looks like a champange,or wine black glass bottle with a crude ring lip.For mode information see HISTORIC BOTTLE BLOG.That's the best site I found to idenify,and information about 1900- 20th. century bottles.

Jstorm

Reaction score
The bottles are in real niceshape.That a pretty blue tint to them.The first one is a hair lotian bottle for ladies hair.The second bottle is a soda/water bottle.The third on is a common medicine bottle,and the fourth is a liniment bottle for taking the pain away from sore achie muscles.Balsum was used in the olden time for that!
Very nice information. Thanks for that K6tim

willong

Reaction score
Common though it is, I always like the embossing of the Scott's Emulsion bottle. It is a bit poignant however.

Cod of size equivalent to the one depicted on the fisherman's back were once common. Following close on the heels of The Conquest and its looting of The Americas for treasure, slaves and converts to Catholicism, the Grand Banks fishery was prominent in spurring European interest in "The New World." By the 1990's, after nearly 500 years of exploitation, as little as 1% of the Atlantic Cod stocks remained.

Thankfully, in the wake of stringent regulations, some guarded optimism for recovery prospects exists today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Len

Jstorm

Reaction score
Common though it is, I always like the embossing of the Scott's Emulsion bottle. It is a bit poignant however.

Cod of size equivalent to the one depicted on the fisherman's back were once common. Following close on the heels of The Conquest and its looting of The Americas for treasure, slaves and converts to Catholicism, the Grand Banks fishery was prominent in spurring European interest in "The New World." By the 1990's, after nearly 500 years of exploitation, as little as 1% of the Atlantic Cod stocks remained.

Thankfully, in the wake of stringent regulations, some guarded optimism for recovery prospects exists today.
Thanks for your information and your time. Very Cool

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
The men in my extended family had a tradition of going for Cod one day a year when they were running off RI. Stocked the freezers. It remains the only salt water fish I actually liked besides tuna. A lot of memories, and history, some embossed on bottles, from Cod. Willong is 100% correct. It is not logical to hunt a species to extinction...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris