Your best find of 2004

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
A Kangaroo jar, or the hopping sort ? [:D] . Plenty of the hopping ones around (too many) but I've only ever seen a few of the jars and all in displays at shows.

Nice Whiskey by the way.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Thanks, IRISH. NO, I'm talkin' about the Kangaroo Whiskey. it was produced in San Francisco by the A.P. Hotaling Co., for distribution throughout Australasia. The finding of the bottle shook up the collecting community on both sides of the pond. I know you have seen, or heard, of it.

Here is a poor photo of a scan that was sent to meby a fellow OZ collector.

Fd90974.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
Can't say I've ever seen that before, I'd remember if I had [:D] . Probably been told about it and didn't take a lot of notice without a photo, very impressive bottle I'll add it to the list of what I want out of the local creeks next spring [:D] . Thanks for posting that photo.
It's not owned by Wayne H. is it ? (faint memories coming back here [;)] ).

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Negative, IRISH. It's in California, USA, buit not on my shelf. Wayne didn't have it, either. He did put me on to the bloke that did, though. He was a bit off his nut, refused my offer, and put the bottle to auction. Wayne is my mate, and a stand up guy, for certain.

I spent two years, too many phone calls and e-mails, and tons of time in researching that bottle. I knew of it's possible existence long before it was found, in Sydney harbor. Not to worry, another WILL come along. Too many tips and privies remaining in OZ for one to not show up.

madman

Reaction score
some good finds for me atleast mike

Mk26054.jpg

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ALL finds are good ones, madman. The majority of what we dig is exactly what you are showing.

Mike

IRISH

Reaction score
The Hans Irvine is another that must have got lost [:D] , I found one a few years ago in the Western Districts of Victoria not too far from it's home town, they are a really nice looking bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris