Your First Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun if everyone told stories about their first digs.......

My first dig was when I was 6 or so. I was hiking through the bushes with my brother and we found a 1950's dump.
We dug up some clorox bottles and a milk. We had to stop digging because the dump was full of red ants. We got bit to pieces. [:(] My mom collects antiques so we gave them to her as a gift. She was pretty happy. She still has them on the shelf in the kitchen all these years later.... LOL!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I've said it so many times, but my first dig was on a beach. I didn't know what I was doing at first. There were many old pieces of glass and pottery on the rocks. Somehow, I started digging into the side of the bank and out popped a half burnt marble, more pottery, a spoon and some later bottles. It was a really cool place, where just walking on the beach, you could find china marbles. Sure miss it. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever dug, and very peaceful.

swizzle

Reaction score
I believe the first place I ever scrounged for bottles was behind our house when I was 6 or so. Every time I found an old screw top ink bottle I'd give it to my mom and she'd light right up with a huge smile. We had a nice ol' stone wall behind our house that went down to the creek. I don't really remember my first real dig as I was always scrounging. I haven't found any good inks for my mom yet this year. I did manage to get her a few last year and I know its only a matter of time before I light her face up again. Swiz

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I was a young'un, about 5 or so, splashing my way down a shallow stream winding through my home town.. looked down and saw a neato looking bottle and brought it home.. that evening, I became a bottle collector.
From then on, whenever I went out wandering in the woods or along creeks, rivers, ravines.. I was looking for bottles 1st and enjoying nature 2nd.
Here's the original find, along with a similar one I recently found at the flea..

5CC013628A58451E8FD5C0B221F765C2.jpg

Attachments

• 5CC013628A58451E8FD5C0B221F765C2.jpg
    5CC013628A58451E8FD5C0B221F765C2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members