1 dry suit = 1 Brinkerhoff's !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

adshepard

Reaction score
Congratulations on the bottle and welcome to dry suit diving.

Diving dry is the only way to go. I've been diving dry for over a dozen years now and unless forced to won't dive wet in New England again. Even if the water temperature doesn't demand diving dry not having to dry off after the dive is very nice.

You'll have to experiment with what you wear under the drysuit. I have a jumper specifically made for diving dry but also have layered various fleece undergarments too.

Alan

Jim

Reaction score
Sweet bottle, Bram. What a great way to bring in the new year. I often wonder what all is lying in the river around here. The rarest local bottle in my collection came from the river, but it was found about 25 years before I was even born. ~Jim

cookie

Reaction score
Bram-what a great find...thanks for sharing the pics and story..John

beendiggin

Reaction score
Dude! That is unreal. You have had some great finds before, but that's just incredible. Everytime I see the bottles you get diving I just want to run out and buy a dive suit. Damn that's a great find!! Maybe I could combine bass fishing with bottle diving and then I'd have it made! Hick heaven! Congrats on a great find. I hope you bring it to the next show to show it off. I would. Again, great job, I'm glad you checked your gut and picked it up.

CazDigger

Reaction score
What a way to start off the new year!!!! WOW Bram! Awesome bottle that you will remember for the rest of your life.
BTW, Mike & Jeff, as far as where it was made, I'm not sure. Could be Mt Vernon or Mt Pleasant glassworks but as far as I know, no shards ever dug at either site.

ktbi

Reaction score
Awesome Bram! What a great start to the year. Makes you wonder how many more treasures are waiting for you. Good luck and thanks for posting. I find it hard to believe someone gave you grief over posting your story/pictures ..Ron

hunter2000

Reaction score
What a beauty I would say your lucky but as i always say LUCK IS WHEN OPPOTUNITY MEETS PREPAREDNESS and once again it sure seams you did your home work and found a great piece. As for being cold small price to pay for a find like that I am sure with the company you keep and know knowing what you need next time you are going to find some more awsome finds. Maybe some day when I shoot the lock of my wallet I will venture into the diving world. I have been scopeing locationes for years from land and will be quite busy when that day comes.
Hunter2000
Dennis

WonGan

Reaction score
That sure is how to start the New Year Bram!Im sure glad you went ahead and picked it up anyway!I bet you wont think twice next time!Congratulations on your sweet find!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Ah, you know us Maine hicks, if it's olive amber, we just call it Stoddard :)
I think that goes for a lot of us, it does get the general idea across. Congrats on a great find & thanks for sharing it.....Bill

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers