A big Western New York hello and good morning!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Martenrat

Reaction score
I'm a new member to this group and live roughly 30 miles outside of Buffalo, N.Y. I am a collector of old bottles that were made by 2 historical. regional glasshouses here in W.N.Y., Lockport Glass Works and Lancaster Glass Works. I also have a spattering of old fruit jars, mainly pre-1900. And lets not forget...lots of Buffalo N.Y. bottles, blob top beer from 1880-1905 along with other types if they look appealing. I hope to pick up some tips and possibly pass along info. that I have learned over the span of more years than I am willing to state at this time. Would love to do some digs in the rural areas of W.N.Y. if anyone needs a helper. Enough for now, I'll chime in when I get the urge. Thanks.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I'm a new member to this group and live roughly 30 miles outside of Buffalo, N.Y. I am a collector of old bottles that were made by 2 historical. regional glasshouses here in W.N.Y., Lockport Glass Works and Lancaster Glass Works. I also have a spattering of old fruit jars, mainly pre-1900. And lets not forget...lots of Buffalo N.Y. bottles, blob top beer from 1880-1905 along with other types if they look appealing. I hope to pick up some tips and possibly pass along info. that I have learned over the span of more years than I am willing to state at this time. Would love to do some digs in the rural areas of W.N.Y. if anyone needs a helper. Enough for now, I'll chime in when I get the urge. Thanks.
I've found a couple of bottles from the Lockport GW up here in Ontario - beautiful teal color! One I believe is 1870's, not too far past the pontil era, methinks. Always on the lookout for more!

Martenrat

Reaction score
Cool. We are only 35 minutes from border but still kinda surprised you found Lockport glass there. Fruit jars I'm guessing? Where in Ont. you located? I have spent a humongous amount of time in Temagami district. Family owned cabin there for 60 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen