A dream I had

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mihai

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I think I'm loosing it.

Last night I dreamed that I've been to my grandma house, house that buned 15 years ago, and in the attick I found a few old bottles. I remember only one of them. It was a clear bottle with intact label with the inscription "Maize mush with milk", one of my favourite dishes when a child. No recolection about the others.

Now, the signs were clear: looking for bottles everwhere, picking up the dirtiest ones, hoping to be older then me, checking regulary all charity shops in my town, starring at that old stonewere ginger beers in the pubs windows, but dreaming... Tell me Doctor, do I have any chance to stay like this or I will be, involuntary, cured?

But this dream was a sign. A few weeks ago I bought a metal detector and since then I redesigned my garden in a vietnamese mine field. Yesterday I found my first coin, a 1956 three pence, sitting on top of a mixture of ash and dirt. Today I kept digging and I found a lot of nails, plastic bags, half burned woodand and other stuff like, you guess, glass. Until now I found pieces from at least 5 bottles and a marble. Can I be do lucky to sit on top of a rubbish dump or is only the place where the builders that made my house used to burn their garbage?

Anyway I'll keep you informed.

madman

Reaction score
hey mihai your not losing it !! youve just got the fever, bottle fever!! best of luck!!! madman

Mihai

Reaction score
So, Madman, you recon the dream was actualy the normal delirium that comes with the bottle bug. I'm relieved, I thought is a normal dream.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Mihai...

Sorry to hear about your fever...[;)] Hopefully, you'll be able to get out and dig a big hole, find a lot of bottles and you'll feel much better!![;)]

Now, if you were to go jump into the Thames, without a diving suit... without scuba gear... yelling and screaming about "Having the fever" yelling about bottles, bottoms and applied lips[:eek:], then people might seem to wonder...

You might be headed toward the hospital in a straight jacket[:-] Hey, that would be cool!!![&:]

To bad you're so far away. We're gonna have a blast at the New England Bottle Show on April 2nd... After the show, we're gonna head to the nearest pub and have a few "remedies" and discuss your dream...

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Mihai, We will post alot of pics so it will seem like you are there too.

At least the disease that causes those dreams and fevers is a good one to have. You could get bird flu and grow feathers and start clucking and flying around the house.[sm=lol.gif]

Mihai

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you all for your kind words. Is good to know there are people who feel the same like you.

You know, usualy the fever manifests in the evenings so I took a bit of extract of malt and hops to get me into the morning. I was busy today but tomorrow I will start the proper treatment with a little digging in my private dump in the backyard.

Hey Capsoda, is the presence of the dump under your parents house that made you go into bottle collecting, subsequently becoming the biggest aficionados? Sleeping with so many bottles under your pillow, no wonder.

Here she comes, my wife, with the next shot of Grolsch. Please nurse, not anymore. Oh, what a heck, bring it on!

capsoda

Reaction score
Digging up stuff when I was a kid didn't hurt but I started collecting when a near by dam broke and revealed the treasures of the lake behind it.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Mihai...

I like that term "afficianados" for Warren...[;)] All along I just thought he was a huge, universe size sponge that sucks up all the bottle information from around the planets, kind of an "Obi-Wan CAPSODA" or an "Obi-WARREN-Kanobe" the Jedi Bottle Master...[;)] I guess it's just easier to call him a "Bottle Afficianado" ... thanks for setting me straight.

Wayne

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson