Amber Dr. Pepper???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DONT44

Reaction score
Has any one ever seen a real one like this or has it been cooked???

1F3A799EE0D0471ABE6C7B406D20E34B.jpg

Attachments

• 1F3A799EE0D0471ABE6C7B406D20E34B.jpg
    1F3A799EE0D0471ABE6C7B406D20E34B.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 66

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
DONT44 ~

My current "guess" is that it's fake (nuked/radiated). But please bare in mind that I am not a bonified Dr Pepper expert. It's just that I have never-ever seen one like it and would be very cautious about buying it under the assumption of it being original.

I have never found a Dr Pepper bottle with the "bottle cap" label, but I have always wanted one. The bummer is that every time one shows up on e-bay they seem to sell for $50.00 to $100.00+. Personally, I'm holding out for the day when I walk into an antique shop and hopefully find one for about $10.00. [:)]

SPBOB

morbious_fod

Reaction score
why! Why! WHY would morons nuke a rare bottle like that!? I have a rare bottle, how can I make it more rare? Let's nuke it amber and claim it is authentic. Congrats you aren't fooling anyone, and just made a desirable bottle worthless. Sigh.

I hope you didn't pay much for that bottle Dont44, unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be real at all.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
There is a special place in Hell for the people who do this type of destruction, right along side those idiots who cut records into various shapes, or paint them weird colors, and those who melt them and try to make those stretched bottles, or melt bottles into ashtrays. Ceeripes!

DONT44

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking the same thing. I am glad I did not bite and try and buy it.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
So what's the trick for nuking a bottle to this color? Selenium? Ain't that the agent which offers a straw color over time? Is that what happened?? What??

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Cyber ~

Here's a link that talks about bottle colors - irradating - etc. Be sure to click on the additional link where it says "April 2002 Issue." I was going to copy/paste both articles, but they are too large and better read in full context with their accompanying photos.

SPBOB

Link : http://www.antiquebottles.com/color/

jays emporium

Reaction score
I can't believe they did that. Took a $100. bottle and made it a $10. bottle. They could have just chipped the lip and done the same value wise.

sodapops

Reaction score
what he said, I agree[:'(]
ORIGINAL: morbious_fod

There is a special place in Hell for the people who do this type of destruction, right along side those idiots who cut records into various shapes, or paint them weird colors, and those who melt them and try to make those stretched bottles, or melt bottles into ashtrays. Ceeripes!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles