Antique Misc Bottles From Rikers Island NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldhonda

Reaction score
I worked as a Contractor at Rikers Island about 25 years ago. Rikers island is a landfill and was the NY City dump until about 1920. Every time we would excavate for a new utility we would uncover hundreds of bottles. I kept some of them and shipped them back home around 1999. This is a group 20 of misc bottles and 4 other things I found. I only washed the dirt off but didn’t clean them very well. I’ll leave that up to you. Please keep in mind these bottles came out of the ground and may have scratches. Please ask any questions before you bid. $225. Shipping in the US is $20.

Attachments

• Bottles 13.jpg
    Bottles 13.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 59
  • Bottles 8.jpg
    Bottles 8.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Bottles 9.jpg
    Bottles 9.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Bottles 10.jpg
    Bottles 10.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Bottles 12.jpg
    Bottles 12.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Bottles 14.jpg
    Bottles 14.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Bottles 15.jpg
    Bottles 15.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 61

oldhonda

Reaction score
I can't see how to revise the listing. I want to reduce the price to $90. plus shipping.

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
I worked as a Contractor at Rikers Island about 25 years ago. Rikers island is a landfill and was the NY City dump until about 1920. Every time we would excavate for a new utility we would uncover hundreds of bottles. I kept some of them and shipped them back home around 1999. This is a group 20 of misc bottles and 4 other things I found. I only washed the dirt off but didn’t clean them very well. I’ll leave that up to you. Please keep in mind these bottles came out of the ground and may have scratches. Please ask any questions before you bid. $225. Shipping in the US is $20.
What does the blue/aqua blob-top bottle say? I don't mean the part that says "This Bottle Not To Be Sold"... Is there any embossed writing or designs?

oldhonda

Reaction score
What does the blue/aqua blob-top bottle say? I don't mean the part that says "This Bottle Not To Be Sold"... Is there any embossed writing or designs?
Yes, on the front it says " United Bottling Co., P. F. O'Neil, 508 Greenwich St., New York"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen