Antique? Older than 50 years old?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
"Officer" Beehner is only following orders, just like the guards at Nazi internment camps, he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Helping him is like calling the cops on your neighbor instead of just knocking on his door and asking him to turn the music down, I wish his post would be deleted and he should be banned from the forum. We're not here to put people in jail, we're here to TALK AND SHARE BOTTLES. I'm disgusted with Roger for allowing this post to remain here!!! Your losing me as a user of this forum if this crap continues.... I hate saying that Roger because you know I put in alot of time and efort to help others on this forum over the years, and I like you and have great respect for what you have built, but this crosses the line and seems to go against the idea behind what you created here... Jim

Plumbata

Reaction score
epackage said:
"Officer" Beehner is only following orders, just like the guards at Nazi internment camps, he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Helping him is like calling the cops on your neighbor instead of just knocking on his door and asking him to turn the music down, I wish his post would be deleted and he should be banned from the forum. We're not here to put people in jail, we're here to TALK AND SHARE BOTTLES. I'm disgusted with Roger for allowing this post to remain here!!! Your losing me as a user of this forum if this crap continues.... I hate saying that Roger because you know I put in alot of time and efort to help others on this forum over the years, and I like you and have great respect for what you have built, but this crosses the line and seems to go against the idea behind what you created here... Jim

This is why I stopped being a self-righteous liberal. Freedom of speech, expression and inquiry is not restricted only to those one agrees with. The common tactic of equating that which one finds distasteful with Nazis, the KKK, Antisemitism or other discussion-terminating and emotionally charged straw-men is itself a blatant form of bigotry, as is the demand that those discussions or individuals deemed distasteful but perfectly legal and protected be banished and forever excluded. I used to drink that kool-aid, but then I extricated my head from my arse. I don't agree at all that people should be prosecuted for cleaning trash from the landscape and temporarily holding a garbage bottle before depositing it in the recycling bin (hint hint lol), but neither should such discussions be stifled in anger and disgust. The latter will accomplish nothing.

epackage

Reaction score
Plumbata said:
This is why I stopped being a self-righteous liberal. Freedom of speech, expression and inquiry is not restricted only to those one agrees with. The common tactic of equating that which one finds distasteful with Nazis, the KKK, Antisemitism or other discussion-terminating and emotionally charged straw-men is itself a blatant form of bigotry, as is the demand that those discussions or individuals deemed distasteful but perfectly legal and protected be banished and forever excluded. I used to drink that kool-aid, but then I extricated my head from my arse. I don't agree at all that people should be prosecuted for cleaning trash from the landscape and temporarily holding a garbage bottle before depositing it in the recycling bin (hint hint lol), but neither should such discussions be stifled in anger and disgust. The latter will accomplish nothing.
Sorry you feel that way Plumb, but if this site is now gonna become "Rat Central" it disgusts me, you can all enjoy it because I'm jumping ship. The site has gone in the crapper if we're all gonna sit here and help out the "cops" try and fine and/or jail people for removing bottles that belong in recycling bins. Maybe one too many beers as usual for you huh?

epackage

Reaction score
Last post on this forum, I hope those of you who disagree with helping out the cops screw someone for picking up trash from and unmarked site decide to complain to Roger. This scumbag isn't here to discuss bottles, which Plumb can't seem to grasp, he's just here to screw someone because it's "his job". There's a big difference in what those of you who disagree with this guys posts and tactics feel and a bottle discussion that these pages were meant for. You all know you can find me on the Facebook bottle collecting pages or the NJ bottle forum, this place is now officailly for Nazi's and guys like Plumb who want to give the Nazi's free reign after drinking 14-16 beers and turning on his computer.... See you in the funny papers

Plumbata

Reaction score
epackage said:
Sorry you feel that way Plumb, but if this site is now gonna become "Rat Central" it disgusts me, you can all enjoy it because I'm jumping ship. The site has gone in the crapper if we're all gonna sit here and help out the "cops" try and fine and/or jail people for removing bottles that belong in recycling bins. Maybe one too many beers as usual for you huh?

I fail to see how a singular thread discussing the age of a bottle in the context of this most unfortunate law, out of a body of many many thousands of threads here, now qualifies this entire website to be considered anything remotely resembling a "Rat Central". I also fail to see how your concept of the activity in this singular thread supports the generalized and grossly inaccurate statement "...we're all gonna sit here and help out the cops...", seeing how only a few people actually contributed directly to the topic at hand. You might not like the topic; I sure as hell don't, but to abandon the forum because of it, especially advertising the threat, is patently childish. Be the big man you are and deal with it patiently like the rest of us. And no, I'm completely and utterly sober, but considering the anger issues you are experiencing, a few brews might be just what the doctor ordered on your end. Chill out and let the crap slide man. If you want to actually accomplish any lasting good, then try educating those who need it, not spouting emotional condemnations and offering zero viable solutions. It doesn't win any credibility points with me or anyone else.

Plumbata

Reaction score
epackage said:
this place is now officailly for Nazi's and guys like Plumb who want to give the Nazi's free reign after drinking 14-16 beers and turning on his computer.... See you in the funny papers

Wow. As I said before, it is a sad state of affairs when those of the dominant political ideology in this country blindly resort to such inappropriate and discussion-killing straw-man tactics because the core substance of their positions cannot withstand the burden of scrutiny and fair argument, and as such they must resort to distractions and inaccurate insults in order to leave with a sense of accomplishment, regardless of how false it is. Funny as it is, I ain't even mad. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I'm this cogent and calm in the face of such egregious idiocy (including the California law...) at my current age and station in life. Some people will just never get it. Not my problem I guess.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Hi Chris,I would firstly like to suggest that you find a bottle collector from CA to talk to in person. Asking anonymous people online to help incriminate someone is completely unprofessional, and the case would quickly be thrown out in court. Your determination to uphold the law to the letter is admirable, but unrealistic. Charging this person with a misdemeanor is almost the same as giving a speeding ticket to someone going 31 mph in a 30 mph zone. Worry about the real criminals, and just give this person a stern warning.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
RIBottleguy said:
Hi Chris,I would firstly like to suggest that you find a bottle collector from CA to talk to in person. Asking anonymous people online to help incriminate someone is completely unprofessional, and the case would quickly be thrown out in court. Your determination to uphold the law to the letter is admirable, but unrealistic. Charging this person with a misdemeanor is almost the same as giving a speeding ticket to someone going 31 mph in a 30 mph zone. Worry about the real criminals, and just give this person a stern warning.

Very well said, It is a shame common sense cannot be integrated into certain aspects of society where it is sadly lacking. Punishment should fit the crime, and in this case a warning would appear to be more thanadequate.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Leave the post and someone will be mad, delete it and someone will be mad. Sounds like a lose/lose situation. What happened to the days when everyone was mad if any type of censoring was done by any moderator? [:D]

epgorge

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
Leave the post and someone will be mad, delete it and someone will be mad. Sounds like a lose/lose situation. What happened to the days when everyone was mad if any type of censoring was done by any moderator? [:D]
[:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28