ATTN: SMOKERS WHO RYO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
25 years for this boy aslo.Im so gald i did it.My wife quit the same day i did,only one problem I lasted 25 years she lasted a week.She still smokes.

glass man

Reaction score
I know it was dumb,but my first wife smoked. I hated the smell,we fought. I started smoking,the ole can't beat em join em crap. She quit! I am down to ten a day. Seems from there i could just stop,but nnnnnnnoooooooooo still gotta have ten.
One day a few years back my DAD said he wanted to get me a carton of cigs. Well DAD had quit back when they fiddy cents a pack or sometning. He laid the carton on the counter with a ten dollor bill in his hand. The person told him it was $30 and my DADS eyes got WIDE AND HE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "YOU MEAN YOU SMOKE THESE ALL THE TIME"??!!!
Yes I am trying to quit not just for health reason ,but because they are too expensive! JAMIE

bottle34nut

Reaction score
move to new jersey. i think they are about 7 or 8 dollars a pack here, if not more. i quit in in 1991 when they hit 2 dollars a pack here. greg

LC

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

Do you smoke because you want to or you need to?

I think it was a little bit of both when I was smoking Matt , finally got my act together and managed to kick the habit after several trys . I am been free of cigarettes for a little over three years now , quit them cold turkey. Would not suggest that anyone quit in that manner . It was a rough way to go for me for about four weeks before things started to get better as for withdraw .

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I am slowly weaning myself off them, the physical addiction to nicotine is beyond description.. I hope to be an ex-smoker in about 10 years from now.. right now it's half a pack of Marlboro lights per day... there's just no good way to explain why some of us can't quit.. what if someone told you to stop collecting bottles because it might kill you.. or might not?[>:]

LC

Reaction score
If someone ever told me I had to quit collecting bottles , it would probably drive me back to smoking and drinking both !

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I am slowly weaning myself off them, the physical addiction to nicotine is beyond description.. I hope to be an ex-smoker in about 10 years from now..

Good luck if you're moving to Europe! [:D][X(]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Here, you can get Indian cigarettes at the Reservation. Used to be 11.00 for a 10 pack carton. Now it's up to 22.20. I can't imagine not smoking. Of course, meeting Joe camel didn't help. I actually like the smell of cigarettes on him.[8|] That's my confession for the day, don't give me a hard time.[&o]

glass man

Reaction score
THE OLD BULL BOUT POT BEING A GATE WAY DRUG IS CRAP. I HAD NO TROUBLE STOPPING SMOKING POT WHEN EVER I WANTED TO BUT CIGS? ALCOHOL AND CIGS. WERE MY GATEWAY DRUGS. THEY SAY POT IS MUCH WORSE IN TERMS OF CANCER CAUSING,BUT NOT TOO MANY SMOKE 40 TO 60 JOINTS A DAY.[EVEN IF YOU ARE A RASTAFARIAN! EVEN TOOK ACID ,BEFORE POT! I TOOK ACID ON THE 26TH OF SEPT. 1969. WHAT A DAY THAT WAS! I KNOW THE DATE ,BECAUSE THE BEATLES ABBEY ROAD ALBUM CAME OUT ON THAT DAY AND I GOT TO HEAR ALL OF IT ON A CHICAGO STATION. WKLS? ANY WAY IT WAS THE BEST AM STATION AROUND. WONDER IF ANY OF YOU GUYS REMEMBER THIS STATION?

MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN LAW LIVE IN N. C. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOBBACO GROWING COUNTRY. ONLY 60 MILES OR SO FROM THE CIG. CAPITAL OF THE WORLD WINSTON/SALEM. MY BROTHER IN LAW SAID IT IS NO CRIME TO GROW YOUR OWN TOBBACO. I WONDER IF THIS IS STILL TRUE? ANY WAY HE SAID SMOKING THE RAW TOBBACO IS REALLY BAD.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH JOHN LENNON WHEN HE WROTE THE BEATLE SONG "I'M SO TIRED" ONE VERSE GOES "I'M SO TIRED I'M FEELING SO UPSET. ALTHOUGH I'M SO TIRED I'LL SMOKE ANOTHER CIGARETTE AND CURSE SIR WALTER RALEIGH ,HE WAS SUCH A STUPID GET!" AMEN JOHNNY!

FOR ANY YOUNG PERSON READING THIS THE BEST POLICY IS DON'T START. GOTTA REMEMBER IN THE SIXTES MY DOC. SMOKED WHILE EXAMINING ME! WHOLE DIFF. WORLD IN THOSE DAYS AND SMOKING. MY MOM AND DAD SMOKED [DAD STARTED AT AGE 5 HE TOLD ME] SO THEY THOUHT NOTHING OF ME STARTING TO SMOKE AT AGE 15,EVEN BOUGHT THEM FOR ME! WOW! THAT SEEMS UNREAL TODAY! JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR