Bottle dumps in CT

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
So you have pipes/running water in the barn? Your detector might give you readings in a straight line right to the street. If the structure has electric power then "Call Before You Dig" might just have a map of all the pipes. Involve Dad before you do any digging. Maybe little bro too when he gets a little older...

LITTLE RHODY

Reaction score
I live in western Mass, and I've found many dumps over hills and in ditches, and along or near old stone walls. Often, I'll just follow the stone walls and they'll lead right to dumps. Lidar maps make it easy to find stone walls, hills, ditches, and cellar holes, showing you where there might be dump sites. I've also had luck in large and medium-sized rivers. Hope this helps!
Could explain what and where I could obtain a Lidar. Please excuse my ignorance, Bill Rose Little Rhody Bottle Club

harryr1961

Reaction score
Hi I’m a kid who lives in southern CT I’m sort of New at bottle digging and I’ve looked around the house with a probe and I’ve found a few bottles but they were all in random places and i don’t think from an outhouse or anything like that. Anyways if anyone knows where are the best places to look in the CT area are whether that’s in creeks or rivers or other places any help would be appreciated and i can understand not wanting to give a spot away but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I like to use old maps and choose rivers and creeks to check out where there was habitation. Good luck, and I hope you find some great stuff.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Hi I’m a kid who lives in southern CT I’m sort of New at bottle digging and I’ve looked around the house with a probe and I’ve found a few bottles but they were all in random places and i don’t think from an outhouse or anything like that. Anyways if anyone knows where are the best places to look in the CT area are whether that’s in creeks or rivers or other places any help would be appreciated and i can understand not wanting to give a spot away but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I dig SE and Eastern CT if it is a farm, a dump would be more likely to find. Check directly back from the back of the house, towards low areas or edge of fields, especially corners. Follow rock walls! Look for bulges or rock piles, look for evidence of broken glass or pottery and metal buckets, cans, barrel straps, etc. Also, feel free to message me as I and my fellow buddies may be able to help you further.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen