Capital Soft Drink bottle Hull Quebec ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forum! That's an impressive collection of Niagra Dry stuff, I was only marginally aware of the brand even existing before. I had no idea they had that many bottles. I never see them up my way.

Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forum! That's an impressive collection of Niagra Dry stuff, I was only marginally aware of the brand even existing before. I had no idea they had that many bottles. I never see them up my way.

Thanks! :) This right here is why I made the Facebook page. It's always nice to share this stuff with other people.

RCO

Reaction score
I've never seen one in an antique store either. If I did see one it was at one of the Ottawa shows, either the bottle show or the collectibles show. Eastern Ontario bottles seem hard to find in general. Even the Ottawa show had more bottles from other places than from Eastern Ontario. I'm thinking one of the reasons is that the main Ottawa dump was never really dug and is currently sitting underneath a highway interchange.

I tried sending an email or message but not sure where it went , had come across another Ottawa bottle on the weekend , a local collector/antique dealer had one , well he has a whole bunch of bottles . one I was interested in was a soda water bottle for "Kealey's Ottawa " , it didn't have a price tag on it and I asked him what he wanted for it and he said $30 which to me seemed rather high as it still needed cleaning so I didn't buy it , the book also lists Kealey's as operating for a long period of time but haven't really seen many of there bottles before or was able to find any online similar . anyone seen this bottle before or a similar one and have an idea what its worth ?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What sort of bottle was the Kealey's? I recently discovered that Kealey's actually had an art deco soda for something called Arctic Pop. I'd imagine that they probably also had a standard 10 oz aqua-coloured bottle since it seems like all the soda companies in Ottawa had one of those bottles in the 10's or 20's.

RCO

Reaction score
What sort of bottle was the Kealey's? I recently discovered that Kealey's actually had an art deco soda for something called Arctic Pop. I'd imagine that they probably also had a standard 10 oz aqua-coloured bottle since it seems like all the soda companies in Ottawa had one of those bottles in the 10's or 20's.

no haven't seen the arctic pop art deco bottle yet (do you have a picture of it or one out there ? ) , the book says kealey's operated from like 1910's-50's so there is likely a few different bottles from them over the years .
the bottle I saw would of been the standard 10 oz aqua , with Kealey's in big letters and Ottawa in big letters , nothing else really on bottle

kind of looked like this bottle but Kealey's
morelottawa.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
No sadly I didn't get a picture and there doesn't seem to be any out there on the internet. I hope I can find one a bit cheaper in the future. I remember it had embossed icicles on it. I'd be quite surprise for them to have had an ACL but I was also quite surprised to find out they had a deco so it's very possible.

Morel Bros, wow there's another one I didn't know about! It's amazing how many soda companies Ottawa had at that time. I guess Pure Spring put them all out of business in the 30's and 40's. I haven't tried too hard to find out how many soda companies existed in Ottawa at the time but I keep finding out about new ones.

RCO

Reaction score
don't know much about the morel brothers , found mine when I bought another bottle off kijjii , the seller also had 2 Ottawa bottles so I bought them as well . book lists it as 1912-15 . did see another one for sale once at an antique mall in Orillia oddly enough but it sold a year or so ago . it looked very similar to mine but not exactly the same

I've had a hard time finding any information about Ottawa bottles , on ebay you can only search for past sales a few months back , meaning I couldn't find Ottawa bottles that sold in the past , I'm sure there has been some on ebay over the years .
saw there was a bottle club in Ottawa but there website and facebook page had oddly few pictures or any info about Ottawa bottles .

did notice on ebay some joker from quebec had one of those Gatineau beverages art deco bottles from Ottawa for sale , but he wants $80 American or $100 Canadian for it and its in very poor condition compared to the one I have , its still a neat bottle but in that condition its not worth that kind of money

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-adve...163626?hash=item2eef3bb6aa:g:D~YAAOSwoBtW4i7r

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've been meaning to join that Ottawa club, hopefully there I'd be able to get more information about Ottawa bottles. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there online.

And yeah that's way too expensive for that bottle. Looks like the guy is a sign and oil can dealer who doesn't know anything about bottles. His signs are actually quite reasonably priced, at least I think they are. I never see them selling for any less than he's charging. That Pickman's Chocolate bottle he's selling is quite cool though, I've never seen anything quite like that. Not sure why he thinks this one is worth more than the Pickman's though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2