Christmas Goodies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! I thought it would be nice to share my Christmas goodies withe everyone. Here is a group photo of them all. A nice Kovel's 13th edition bottle book on the bottom. Thanks for any help provided.
018.jpg

closeup of Dr.Prices not twist top to go along with my twist top version
019.jpg

closeup of a Carter's ink. does anyone know the value or age of this bottle. its not in kovels or warmans as usual. seam goes all the way to the top.
020.jpg

bottom
021.jpg

unknown bottle. seam doesn't go to the top-stops at middle of neck. looks like a medicine. co name on bottom. does anyone know the date of this bottle?
022.jpg

bottom DF and Co
023.jpg

Here's a JFK flask. I don't understand this one at all. JFK died in 1963 but the seam goes only to the lip like and late 1800s bottle. what is the true age and value of this bottle. was it actually used for something? i can only find the bottle on the internet, no info.
024.jpg

Last, a Castoria bottle. I'm guessing they're really common since I always see them on the forum. I think its cool anyways.
025.jpg

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
B
Here's a JFK flask. I don't understand this one at all. JFK died in 1963 but the seam goes only to the lip like and late 1800s bottle. what is the true age and value of this bottle. was it actually used for something? i can only find the bottle on the internet, no info.

Brandon,...thanks for posting your Christmas goodies...The JFK flask was probably a "commemorative" flask,...made during the 70's , during the first huge wave of bottle mania...You will sometimes see similar bottles, custom made for bottle clubs, etc...Not sure what kind of value it holds.

MABottleHunter

Reaction score
Nice bottles!
Check the bottom of the Jfk, it might say Nj wheaton edition <--- they had tons of commerative repos

MABottleHunter

Reaction score
http://www.etsy.com/listing/56882737/vintage-8-inch-wheaton-jfk-john-f
I found this, same thing but a blue.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Brandon,

Happy approaching New Year. The "D.F.& CO..........Dean, Foster & Company, Boston, MA (c.1870s-c.1900) and Chicago, IL (1883-1893). This company evidently made primarily prescription/druggist ware. See above entry, as well as "A.M.F.& CO" for a related mark." From. This mark has a pretty tight window for you.

"In 1967, Wheaton Glass, a division of Wheaton Industries began to produce commemorative decanters, flasks, and bottles. In 1969 the first Presidential bottle was issued with John F. Kennedy on it. JFK was followed by series honoring many of our presidents. Each of the presidential decanters were issued in a limited quantity with accurate images of the presidents. On the reverse side of these canteen shaped bottles was a quotation or slogan in which related to the Chief Executive. Different colors were used on several of the bottles.

The Great American series of 1969 were flask shaped bottles. The Astronaut series followed in the year of 1971. In 1972, the Patriot series were made and in 1974 the American Military Leaders."
600_Dscn0914.jpg
There's a Club for that.

There's a Blue JFK "First Edition" for sale Here. And a Carnival Glass model here.

Thanks for showing us the latest.

copthp.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85