COKE SYRUP JUG

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
the base, mike

BC21D1F753434BB3AD59367E165C2CDD.jpg

Attachments

• BC21D1F753434BB3AD59367E165C2CDD.jpg
    BC21D1F753434BB3AD59367E165C2CDD.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 59

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
dude this aint new, id love to see your new duraglas bottle from 86????

i wasnt meaning for it to sound like i was saying it was new its obviously not new and the 86 thing was a mistake i corrected its not dated BUT it has the characteristics of an 80s bottle even had a plastic/glass cork type stopper i keep loose change in it

the bottom has the "upswung" cross bars on the I which means 40s the 5 to the right means 1945

its a nice bottle i would get them all if they are cheap

madman

Reaction score
yea im thinking 45 or 55? but they changed the sybol in the 50s to an i inside of an o so.......

madman

Reaction score
hey spence no problem dude! yea im gonna start collecting syrup bottles now! lol need a green mountain dew next mike

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
hey spence no problem dude! yea im gonna start collecting syrup bottles now! lol need a green mountain dew next mike

great idea mike! do you have a RC syrup? there is one with most of the label if i remember correctly in an antiue mall not to far from me i could get it for you next time i go by there (its not too often though)

bubbas dad

Reaction score
when i was a kid we rented a house way back in the woods. it had old chicken coops full of junk from an old store the the owners operates at some time. there were lots of gallon coke syrup jugs. they had green paper lables with the finger loop on the neck and were in great shape. i don't know for sure but i had the impression the were from the 40's. i wish i had enough sense to save a few but i didn't. all that was tore down about 20years ago.

LC

Reaction score
Hello John, was helping a friend of mine do some work on an old house in Ripley, Ohio a few months ago. The house sits about 100 feet from the banks of the Ohio River. The flood of 1903 rose to a point that it flooded the house. After this the owner had a crew come in with hand jacks, raised the house eight feet and laid a basement under it to prevent any future floods from getting into the house. Thought that was a heck of a feat ! It was a grand house, had twelve foot ceilings, with ten foot tall doors in all the rooms. The owner was an attorney, restoring his Grandfathers three story house. In the basement there was I know at least 12 cases of Coke Syrup Jugs still sealed and in the boxes, (Fish Tail labels). Tried to get him to sell me a case and he refused to do so. They were all just like new.

http://www.freewebs.com/yesterdaystreasures/index.htm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen