Daily Bible Verse

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
N = NEAT

I Love all your articles you write. You are so talented Rick.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Interesting....a bible verse thread....and there hasn't been one post about "this is a bottle site, so talk only bottles." I guess that blatantly endorsing one particular religion is fine, but don't you dare talk about politics, someone might get offended. Actually to be honest, a blatantly religious...nay Christian thread such as this being in existence on this side offends me to a certain degree; however, I don't feel I have the right to demand it be taken down. I realize that I don't have the constitutional right to not be offended. I have the choice not to read the thread, and to allow others to post whatever they want, it's not my place to dictate what is discussed on the site. So aside from this jab at those who do feel they have a right to dictate what is discussed on this forum because it offends them in someway, I won't be saying anything against this thread's existence. May you find enjoyment in fellowship.

Tolerance of other religions and beliefs is to be encouraged, nay expected, but is found so lacking in the human condition.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
This is general chat, Morb.. anything other than bottles but be nice.. 'member?

appliedlips

Reaction score
I have been enjoying reading this thread. As Mr. Fred admitted, most of us are a little sensitive when it comes to our faith. Whatever your faith may be it is yours and I believe all religions have a core message of love and tolerance, but as Morb pointed out, we has humans have a problem with this. Years ago I'd been one of those pointing out every negative verse in the bible and trying to get folks not to believe what they believe. Talk about arrogant, I am ashamed of that kind of behavior now. Cyber pointed out a great message Jesus gave the world " They know not what they do".. IMHO, a man grandstanding (old me) pointing out all of the wrongs done in the world in the name of God, or picking apart a book with so many strong positive messages based on a couple of things they are unable to adopt is no different than the "religious radical that tries to shove their god down others throats". You know the one,in part they are blaming their own lack of belief on. I would say personal insecurity is both man's crutch. The bible verses are great and if someone tries to stir the pot, knowing the intent of the posts I feel sorry for them. Scared and insecure is no way to way to approach a life with so many outside problems, All men of faith have courage. Not that it matters but I claim no religion. Gotta get dressed for church, the sermon's are much better lately without picking them apart and just looking for the message.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

I have been enjoying reading this thread. As Mr. Fred admitted, most of us are a little sensitive when it comes to our faith. Whatever your faith may be it is yours and I believe all religions have a core message of love and tolerance, but as Morb pointed out, we has humans have a problem with this. Years ago I'd been one of those pointing out every negative verse in the bible and trying to get folks not to believe what they believe. Talk about arrogant, I am ashamed of that kind of behavior now. Cyber pointed out a great message Jesus gave the world " They know not what they do".. IMHO, a man grandstanding (old me) pointing out all of the wrongs done in the world in the name of God, or picking apart a book with so many strong positive messages based on a couple of things they are unable to adopt is no different than the "religious radical that tries to shove their god down others throats". You know the one,in part they are blaming their own lack of belief on. I would say personal insecurity is both man's crutch. The bible verses are great and if someone tries to stir the pot, knowing the intent of the posts I feel sorry for them. Scared and insecure is no way to way to approach a life with so many outside problems, All men of faith have courage. Not that it matters but I claim no religion. Gotta get dressed for church, the sermon's are much better lately without picking them apart and just looking for the message.

Word again [:D]

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers