Dr. Pepper Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not sure what Howard owned. Texas breweries not my Specialty but beer cans are. I'm from Detroit so know much more about Michigan Breweries. THANKS, LEON.

martimoser819

Reaction score
I'll find out. I just sold an old beat up Grand Prize outdoor metal sign $500. Had windmill top from ranch that Giant was filmed. $500. Young man here inherited grandfather's windmill co, but he has invented and patented windmill ceiling fans for fancy folks with big barns, clubs, etc.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

martimoser819

Reaction score
If you have a Southern Select Beer can j-spout cone top I'd give you $1,000 for it. LEON.
Ok buster, your first offer was $5000 for Southern Select item. Lol.
I believe Southern Select was Louisiana. Is that correct?

martimoser819

Reaction score
Do you have any beer cans. Any flat tops you needed a can opener to open? LEON.
Yes, I do actually. Unfortunately, they would be opened and empty. I did mention we owned a lounge, right? My husband is 80 and loves his beer. When I was a kid, it was Pearl beer. My dad naned him Jesse Pearl. Then came the National Beer of Texas, Lone Star.

martimoser819

Reaction score
Yes, I do actually. Unfortunately, they would be opened and empty. I did mention we owned a lounge, right? My husband is 80 and loves his beer. When I was a kid, it was Pearl beer. My dad naned him Jesse Pearl. Then came the National Beer of Texas, Lone Star.

e7c1c07be87ec934583d93aa6a858f32.jpg

I think I've made an amazing discovery. #1 Dumb me, Southern Select brewed in Houston @ Magnolia Ice and Brewing, then moved to Galveston my 2nd favorite old city, August Busch was a backer in the move.
#2 My dad had an ice route at 10 yrs old in 1935. My grandfather was imprisoned and upon his release 2 1/2 yrs later, my dad had Grandpa a truck waiting, paid in full (at 12 1/2 yrs old). Look at the name of our first ice truck.

hemihampton

Reaction score
If it was mint like new & full I'd pay $5,000. If not so mint a $1,000. What flat top beer cans do you have? With over 3,000 different cans I got lots of Pearl, Lone Star, Southern Select, Grand Prize, ect. LEON.

P.S. The Southern Select can I'm looking for dates around 1937-41.

Last edited:

martimoser819

Reaction score
Honestly, Leon I'd have to rummage. Jesse has every last thing he's ever owned. I also think I have a screw top Lone Star. Know it's screw top, not sure of flavor. Did you see my post about my ice family?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Honestly, Leon I'd have to rummage. Jesse has every last thing he's ever owned. I also think I have a screw top Lone Star. Know it's screw top, not sure of flavor. Did you see my post about my ice family?

Yes I did see the Ice truck, Interesting. Did they supply Ice to Beer Distributors?

hemihampton

Reaction score
The table top can openers were very common in the bars. I've seen many different ones. Better yet is finding a old bar dump behind a old abandoned bar full of old beer cans all opened with this type of opener. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks