Empty unopened can

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uncola

Reaction score
I found a can of diet 7-up in the garage that is empty but unopened. I shake it and sounds like nothing is in there. I added it to my bottle collection in my room. Has anyone else stumbled across something like this?

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
My aunt lived behind the Coke plant in Wilmington NC and I remember she had a couple sealed empty cans on her shelf in the garage.

AlexD

Reaction score
I've heard of this too. It happens with some bottles as well that are still full. The liquid inside evaporates inside, maybe from long exposure to heat?[8|]
I saw an unopened Amber Coke that was empty. The bottle it's self wan't in good shape either. Guess that's why. Take a look at this

$(KGrHqZ,!okE63(r2r(FBPG,UJYSbQ~~60_57.JPG

Some loving mother nature[:mad:]

hunting262

Reaction score
Theres probally either a TINY hole in it that they poked in it to empty it and put in their collection. [lots of people do that] or it just evaporated.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I had obtained the remnants of a 12 pack of "new coke" cans; the ill-fated 1985 reformulation which didn't last on the market long at all. Some were full, and some were totally empty. They had been stored on the basement floor and I believe that the phosphoric acid in the soda plus the effects of water from the moist basement floor ate tiny invisible holes through the bottoms. Only 1 had a visible hole; the others were either too small or had been plugged by the pasty white aluminum oxide. Was selling them for 10 or more a piece.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL