found more flat top cans - Canada Dry Orange + others

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found 5 more flat top soda cans at that dump , the canada dry orange still has alot of colour and should clean up more eventually .

also 4 others 2 are rusted beyond being able to see anything , can on far right is a Mason's Root Beer . was able to see that when it was wet although can't read much now but could see design , not the same mason's as i found earlier but same as a ginger ale can i found a few years ago

2nd can from rights is a mystery , is mini people on the bottom and clearly a shape/design above them . but doesn't look similar to anything i've found or seen before so not sure what it is . but its pretty rusted too and back worse

DSC06204.JPG
DSC06206.JPG
DSC06207.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
current condition of the canada dry orange , front has the most colour , this is just pictures of front

did find this can once before in flat top but was years ago , at a park in town here it was also rusted from being outdoors and i didn't save it back then.

DSC06214.JPG
DSC06216.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
anyone have any idea of the brand of the can with the " little people " on it ? i looked thru all my cans and pictures and came up with nothing

RCO

Reaction score
found a couple more canada dry cans yesterday at another spot i found years ago and found some interesting flat top and pull top cans previously

seem to be finding all the canada dry cans lately , first Wink then Orange , now ginger ale and bitter lemon

both are fairly early pull top cans , i know there early cause i have a flat top ginger ale with same design

the bitter lemon cleaned up a bit better than expected is alot of original colour there and french side of ginger ale is mostly there too . both were outside under leaves on a hillside for a long time

DSC06225.JPG
DSC06228.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
your can with the little people on it is Diet-Rite. hard to see mine in this blurry pic. Leon.
sodaflats2 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
found a couple more canada dry cans yesterday at another spot i found years ago and found some interesting flat top and pull top cans previously

seem to be finding all the canada dry cans lately , first Wink then Orange , now ginger ale and bitter lemon

both are fairly early pull top cans , i know there early cause i have a flat top ginger ale with same design

the bitter lemon cleaned up a bit better than expected is alot of original colour there and french side of ginger ale is mostly there too . both were outside under leaves on a hillside for a long time

View attachment 254713View attachment 254714

Not fairly early, more like late 60's maybe even upto mid 70's. They made flat top soda cans into the mid 70's. Just my opinion, others may vary. Leon.

RCO

Reaction score
your can with the little people on it is Diet-Rite. hard to see mine in this blurry pic. Leon.
View attachment 254741

interesting i found a picture on can museum site of a diet rite can and for sure same can i found as it has the little people on the bottom .

never found a diet rite can before , not sure i've found anything from that bottler before , also appears to be a US can but this dump has stuff from all over

RCO

Reaction score
Not fairly early, more like late 60's maybe even upto mid 70's. They made flat top soda cans into the mid 70's. Just my opinion, others may vary. Leon.

well true i meant early pull top cans , they'd be from mid to late 60's when they were just starting to use them instead of flat top canada dry cans

odd i've found so much canada dry cans all of a sudden , but they were one of the main bottlers here although others like pepsi and coke still pretty popular

Canadacan

Reaction score
interesting i found a picture on can museum site of a diet rite can and for sure same can i found as it has the little people on the bottom .

never found a diet rite can before , not sure i've found anything from that bottler before , also appears to be a US can but this dump has stuff from all over
That diet rite is indeed Canadian.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229