How to dig a mid-early 1800's dump on a private construct site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerDave21

Reaction score
Today on my way home from work I walked down the road of a consturction site of a new school and there is a early 1700's house right about a few hundred yards into the site and the woods around the site is where they used to dump since there is a creek down there and there is shards of everything u can imagine around there. I asked permission and was later kicked off the propery by somebody higher up in command and told me never to come back. What would u do if u know there are crocks and a huge early 1800s pontilled dump but you are not allowed on the site. I was able to grab 1 bottle as he told me to leave.
DSC00612.jpg

LC

Reaction score
A friend of mine got so desparate once, that he dug a forbidden dump in the middle of the night in snow storms. WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE,,,, FOR THAAAAAAT..........

cdnbottleguy

Reaction score
if you absolutely had to dig it for bottles id look on the ground where i had to dig it to see whats on the ground Ex:sand,leaves etc then get a bucket of the sand /leaves clean like they are on the surface before a dig . then id go dig it ,and when finished the dig cover it over with the clean sand/dirt/leaves so NO ONE knows you were there! but is the risk worth it ? im not saying i have ever done this <snicker> and i do have some nice bottles hee hee. did you ask the guy who owns the spot ? he might not mind if your not near any construction workers
good luck!

brokenshovel

Reaction score
There are times when a hard hat, safety vest, clip board and some safety cones will save the day. Especially on Sunday when sites are usually pretty barron.

jodie

Reaction score
You need a lookout night times ok but the light is always a problem 2 is better than one one set of eyes and ears that has nothing better to do than make sure you don't get caught . You may have to split the profits or you just pay a flat rate, is it really worth it ask yourself? Then go and find a partner in crime your saving historic artifacts!!!

jodie

Reaction score
Hi all why I contacted the forum was some advice is from australia currently online need some info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete