How's this shipping price?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mikequarry

Reaction score
I will gladly combine shipping for multiple purchases on any items i list on this site.buy 2 for one shipping cost or three etc....just hope i dont get many of the hiwaii buyers...

capsoda

Reaction score
Your right Matt, it doesn't cost alot to ship to Canada but it takes forever to get there. It is even worse to England. It takes about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to get a package from England but almost 2 months to send one there. I think Homeland Security has it backwards.

Wait!!! you mean Hawaii is not in Japan!!!!! [;)]

richf

Reaction score
How's this shipping price? A nice Dr. Marshall's Snuff, open pontil. I'm sure we all know how big these bottles are ... tiny ... and a shipping charge of $8. Geeze ....
Rich

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
If I am shipping a nicer or more expensive bottle my shipping will run at least $8.00. The reason being I not only use bubble wrap, I use snowman turds and I double box the bottle with packing in between the boxes. This may sound like overkill and probably is, however, would you rather spend 2 more bucks on shipping and receive your $100.00 or $1000.00 bottle in tact, or open up a box with it broken in three pieces and have to deal with USPS on an insurance claim? I've been there and done that. You better have viable proof of that bottles worth. [:D] Kelley

PS. My shipping on Bromo's, Vicks, and Cal. Fig Syrup is $3.85 priority![:D]

baltbottles

Reaction score
Ok first the Doyles hop bitters in the auction is a full bottle. Being that its an Alcoholic beverage its illegal to ship through the US post office. Shipping any kind of liquids in glass is very difficult and special shipping containers my be needed to do the job safely and legally. Now as for shipping I ship almost all my ebay auctions Priority mail. However I require insurance on all auctions. So my shipping prices average $6-7 for the east cost and $7-8 for the west cost of the country. Those prices also include about a 20-50 cent charge to help cover the cost of bubble wrap. That stuff isn't cheap. I pack everything very well and have never had a single bottle arrive damaged. I've had a few buyers complain about having to pay for shipping insurance. But overall I think my shipping policy is very fair. I know when I buy something I always purchase the insurance. I guess since I worked for ups for a bit I know how they treat packages.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crystal79