How's this shipping price?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dewdog

Reaction score
There are people on this site that sell on ebay that charge $8 or more "flat rate" for a single bottle.......whats wrong with priority mail for $4 to $6????

richf

Reaction score
That's right ... a lot of people will see a decent opening bid and submit before checking the shipping. Unfortunately, greed seems to play a large role with some sellers!
Rich

GuntherHess

Reaction score
people play all kinds of games on ebay but the final cost is the final cost no matter how you add it up. If a seller doesnt state shipping up front dont ever buy from them. I could care less if ebay gets thier cut, that's between the seller and ebay.

bikegoon

Reaction score
Yup folks, what Guntherhess said.
I bought a jar a while back, Qt size ball, from Altoona PA to SW Ohio, I made the mistake of winning this thing, and although I was below book, that nice 18.50 shipping pushed me over.
Not a happy camper, and to boot he was a feedback bully.
So glad I have my own site, no more scams and NPB'S!

stinger haut

Reaction score
O.K. everyone, here is a little history/geography lesson .
Question. Is Hawaii part of the U.S? sounds dumb?
You wouldn't believe how many sellers on ebay don't know that Hawaii is part of the U.S. My wife gets the," we don't ship internationally" or how about UPS trucks delivering to Hawaii, they'll say something like $40.00 plus for shipping. The best one was Hawaii isn't part of the U.S. its a foreigin country, I think its part of Japan or China.
My wife always asks before bidding about shipping costs to Hawaii. Its a little more through the USPS and insurance has the same rates as anywhere in the U.S.
But even if there just shipping to the lower 48, we've seen some insane shipping and handling costs. A $10.00 bottle and the shipping and handling is $18.00. Your right about some sellers making extra money on their auctions by inflating the shipping and handling fees.
Sellers should state all shipping and handling costs in their auctions.
Stinger, somewhere in Asia

capsoda

Reaction score
If you watch closely you will see trade cards with $5 to $9 shipping and handling fees. Thats one I can never figure out.

appliedlips

Reaction score
You guys are right about some people inflating shipping prices.Bikegoon makes a valid point about circumvention of fees,however.You do not pay final value fees on shipping.Ebay stores has a 10% final value fee,so some sellers will do a very low Buy it now and inflate the shipping.Matt is right,you pay what you pay.If you don't take shipping into consideration when bidding you will not do well on ebay.Just my thoughts,Doug

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Shipping to Hawaii is a killer, someone needs to tell the post office its not a foreign country. I've been to Kauai 3 times and its one of my favorite places in the world.

On the other hand, shipping to Canada seems to be cheaper than shipping to New Jersey, maybe USPS doesnt know Canada is a foreign country[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide