I have finally dug what I expected to dig in the building.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have a man willing to buy them from me here. I have two ready to go when the M. O. arrives, but thank you for the suggestion. :)

Lordbud

Reaction score
I can only imagine the bricks my digging partner and I ignored digging through 1906 Earthquake refuse back in the late 1980s that we ignored -- looking for glass only. I found an intact near mint SF hutch in the middle of a pile of dumped -- and long since buried bricks. This area is now under the downtown stadium in San Francisco. There is nothing left that hasn't been excavated and/or paved over with condos and expensive high-rise buildings. Our local history is being lost forever every day.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Sad story, LordBud. But you got at least one bottle out, at least. :) The lot across from where I've been digging was a place I had really enjoyed poking around. TOC+ finds, but my time for finding was running very low.All but remains of walls are now completely buried under dirt and other fill-in materials.I left behind a number of bricks as well.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Thank you for commenting, Bottle Rocket. As for today's story, getting to the building was fine. Getting down the highway... LOLSome people don't seem to realize that loading a trailer off centre is a danger. In front of the car heading me, I notice something severely wrong with a rusting metal trailer. It's fishtailing-- at times, badly. The car decides to not stick behind it and leaves me to takes its place, but then the other lane is suddenly full of traffic not allowing me in. "Uh-oh," I think as the trailer violently swerves down the lane. "Is it gonna snap its hitch and go flying?" So I'm stuck behind this and see a new lane appear ahead from the off-ramp about half a mile down the highway. Great! right? Well, I go to pass the truck carrying the trailer, and suddenly he's fishtailing violently in between lanes as I attempt to pass. I actually had to go over the rumble strips to avoid being hit. So I just floor it and don't look back.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause