it's a small world after all....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
This digging experiance has been on my mind for sometime now and I figured I'd share it.
Last year I was digging the old town dump used from the 1920's-60's I was on the older side where I find bottles form the 1920's-30's when this woman and her young son ride through on a wheeler she asks what I'm doing and I tell her I'm digging for bottles she tells me shes out hunting with her son because his "father" couldn't take him and she had no car or didn't know anywhere to take him so that's why she was there. There's not supposed to be shooting in this area but figured they where just out looking for trails to hunt off. I dug a little wile and that went to go to the other side to look for some 'Fedral law and ACL bottles from the late 30's-60's but saw the woman and her son sitting on the hill, I kinda felt bad for them and understood the situation, so I left that side because I didn't want to interupt them (Even though there weren't supposed to be hunting there I wasn't gonna be a jerk and tell them to leave.) So I went back to the other side like "what do now now?" and just started digging in a place I'd dug before that I thought i'd finished. I found a nice 1920's local pharmacist bottle that I might never had found if I had been able to go to the other side to search for the ACLS and fedreal law bottles.
In August of this year the same girl started working at the same job as me and we got talking about digging and she was telling me about this town dump and how she saw the bottles and someone digging when she was hunting with her son. I was like yeah that was me. She knew that you couldn't hunt there but was only trying to make her son happy taking him outdoors though she knew they were even unlikely to see anything.

epackage

Reaction score
As I was reading this I was expecting a Horrible Ending, happy to see it wasn't what I was thinking, and yes the world is small..[;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting the next segment, with the candle light dinner and the proposal.. [8D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward