Just found! A very decorative embossed and fancy lipped bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
There are no markings on the bottle that I can see. It was found in a wooded area behind and amidst the ruins of an old restaurant/deli/liquor store that burnt down in the late 70s. Most bottles and debris around it are dating from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

Can anyone give me a guess as to what it was and when it was made? Sorry, I didn't clean it up yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_171254.jpg
    IMG_20201118_171254.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20201118_171309.jpg
    IMG_20201118_171309.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 93

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks like a decanter, no idea how to date something like that though I'm afraid.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
That certainly sounds correct! Considering where it was found. I forgot about decanters....duhhh, I'm behind an old restraunt/Liquor store....ya think? LOL!

Thanks!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Here's the description of the bottle I found and a pic of the base ...

Vintage Crystal Perfume Bottle Decanter Faceted Stopper Bell Etched & Cut Glass

Approx 9" tall including the stopper. 7" without

Estate Sale Find.

What I like and find unusual about this bottle is the different styles of glass art contained in one perfume bottle. There is frosted etched flowers that surround the middle portion of the bottle. There is cut glass at the bottom. There is a thumbprint glass design ring just above the bottom and just below the neck. The neck appears to have a vertical fluted design.

I could not find a signature or maker​

Bell Shaped Perfume Bottle Base.jpg

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the enlightenment! My bottle measures 5 1/2" in height by 3" wide at the base. Judging by your example, I'd say that they are identical (or at least made from the same "mold")! So, it is in fact a perfume bottle. I guess, with no markings, there is no way to date them or find out the maker. Nonetheless, thank you so much for your help, and now I have a beautiful bottle to display. Maybe I'll fill it with some colored water (blue or red, maybe green for Christmas. LOL). Here it is all cleaned up!
Decorated Perfume Bottle.jpg
Decorated Perfume Bottle.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Ed

Thanks - (giving) - It looks great cleaned up. Even though the seller described it as a perfume bottle, I would allow a little wiggle-room for the possibly that it was intended for some other use. Not all sellers know what they are talking about and sometimes just guess or assume things. However, the size seems to suggest that it is indeed some type of vanity bottle. Most of the liquor decanters I've seen are larger. Also notice that the seller described it as crystal. Have you determined if its crystal or regular glass? I'm not familiar enough with crystal to know the difference, but I'm sure there is some way to determine that. Maybe flick the lip with a finger and see if it "rings" ???

Have a great Thanksgiving

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers