loving this weather.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
it was really warm today and I finally got to get out and do some some digging, I was thrilled to be able to get a shovel into the ground. I went out to my best early 1900's dump and found a nice amber cone ink, a few bluing bottles and a Galders Dentine bottle and a few others. On this dig I found so many Hire's Root Beer bottles marked makes 25 gallons or a delicious drink bottles, I was about ready to scream, I'd keep taking the time to dig em carefully when it feels like there whole in case it's a keeper I must have found at least 10 or more of em LOL. At least it beats digging into frozen ground though.

So who else went out digging today? I was thinking while I was digging of all the others doing the same.

So who else went digging today?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I did but it was a downtown and with a deep hole. My first real dig kinda thing and not just scraping the surface in 30+ years so I couldn't have cared about the following question and wouldn't apply anyway but.... [:)]
How are the ticks and mosquitoes for you this year. I've already heard they're nasty in numbers here.[:mad:]
Way to warm a winter to expect less I suppose, heck, sugaring's 'bout done if not already.[8|]

VTdigger

Reaction score
The bugs are already out, I didn't notice the mosquiteo's while digging, but they were out in full force back at my house during cleaning of the bottles. As for ticks I've already had a few and keep hearing the ticks are supposed to be really bad this year in these parts. I had one at one of the spots I check during my lunch break and had to book it, I don't mind when I can get done in the woods and go home and wash them off and change clothes but, I don't want them crawling on me for hours, and I can't do nothing about it. They also found some in my area with Lyme, but what can I do? It won't stop me, I plan on being all over the place this year some places I go are loaded with ticks more than others. I'll just have to make sure I can shower and change real quick afterwords, I hate ticks with a passion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin