My first Bottle find of the Year. March 2024.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Most of the privy's I find & dig are in the city with smaller lots. If it's a smaller lot with well-defined property lines like fence line or row of bushes or trees along property line. This makes it much easier, start probing back corners, along back line & then up side of property line. if nothing the whole back yard in a grid. Farms are wide open & much more difficult to find because of this, could be anywhere on a farm. look for any odd looking sunken indentations & probe those. Good Luck. Leon.

Wallaman

Reaction score
Most of the privy's I find & dig are in the city with smaller lots. If it's a smaller lot with well-defined property lines like fence line or row of bushes or trees along property line. This makes it much easier, start probing back corners, along back line & then up side of property line. if nothing the whole back yard in a grid. Farms are wide open & much more difficult to find because of this, could be anywhere on a farm. look for any odd looking sunken indentations & probe those. Good Luck. Leon.
Thanks Leon. It may be hard for me to find then. It is 103 acres total here in Indiana. The whole area where the old house foundation was has been leveled off and seeded into 18 acres of yard. The old brick lined cistern I have been digging up with the bobcat is about 30 feet from the old foundation. I would imagine the privy would have been in a complete opposite direction from the house. At 85 years old my wife is not happy with me digging up the yard to search for more bottles that she wants me to get rid of!!!!! By the way, I was cleaning the bottles I had dug some 50+ years ago and saw I had four (4) Bixby - Patented March 8th 1883 ink bottles, exactly like the one underminer showed in a post that he had just dug.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I posted a pic of a Bixby like the one you just mention in this post here. Leon.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen