New from NH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sahunt

Reaction score
HI, I live in a old farm house that was built in 1790 and the town history says there was another home from the mid 1700s on the property before this house was built. There is the old house dump out back with unfortunately trash from as new as the 1980s. As I clean away the more current trash and debris I am getting down to the older bottles and trying to collect as many unbroken examples as possible and trying to identify them, though I feel like every bottle I have found I can't find a similar picture anywhere. SO starting on the educational journey of learning to identify these items.

hemihampton

Reaction score
keep digging down, the older the better. if you could find the old Privy probably some old bottles hiding in there. maybe more bottles hiding in old Well or Cistern. Good luck & welcome to the site. Leon.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm from over in neighboring Maine!
Many of the issues you may be running in to with finding out what a bottle was used for may be age - bottle collectors in the past haven't really cared about anything newer than the 1930s, so often little research has been done on bottles from the 40 through the 70s/80s, when glass fell out of favor for plastics. Often these bottles had paper labels, and the only way to tell what they held is by recognizing the shape or finding an example with the paper label still intact.

If you post pictures here many will try and help identify them for you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator