NEW SODA FIZZ

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bamascavenger

Reaction score
[:D] Man i thought this was done and DEAD! LOL.
Thats ok Kathy, I made my point that he is no authority on 7ups, There is no documentation and way too many variations to say what is definitive or not.
The other day a man told me that his BIBLE for cokes was PETRETTIS' and it was never wrong. My conversation with him was on the Christmas 25, 1923 Hobble he had listed on ebay and he gave the dates that they were made. He said Petretti listed them as being made until 1937. and until i had a better authority on it he would stick to his book. Well, seems even the infamous PETRETTI is wrong too, I have a HUNTSVILLE, ALA 1923 DATED, 1939! I wrote and told him that I had one in hand i was now the authority and you can never believe what all books say, they were written by us humans and naturally we try to be correct. If Petretti needs to look at mine an update his book, he is more than welcome to. A member on here also said he digs the 38 and 39's all the time. So.....I never take one persons word about anything nor one book. It comes from my Investigation background i guess. I have tried to focus more on being polite and concise and to the point whenever i post from now on. I have enough enemies. BAM BAM.

bamascavenger

Reaction score
Ahhh, i was just saying that in jest. To make a point that labeling people as angry in a mag is just callous and very un PROFESSIONAL! I want to know if Kathy will print my epic/informative letter in the FIZZ about HISTORIANS/AUTHORS and ARCHAEOLOGISTS? No mud slinging just facts! She is asking for stuff in the mag.....So Kathy...can i submit my work to you for all of us to read?

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to take things in stride, put the chip back on your shoulder and be the bigger man. Sometimes it's not the fact that you are questioning that bothers people as much as how you are questioning them. You want to be treated professionaly then you have to give the same respect in return.

I have no personal aliegance to Bill Lockhart or anyone else affiliated with the Soda Fizz; however, I have seen the way that you post when dealing with others who don't share your opinions and they are to be honest very inflamitory in most cases. Treat others how you would like to be treated, and you won't be called an angry collector.

glass man

Reaction score
I have had some very vain professors before that did not even like for you to ask a question,as it took away from the professors time,so I know where you are coming from there. LOBEY: pundents seem to be saying OBAMA AIN'T GOT A CHANCE SINCE McCain has chosen WHATS HER NAME for VP! I think she would be a fair choice if it was tag team wrestleing.[8D]

glass man

Reaction score
POT SMOKING? HADN'T HEARD THAT ONE! No matter how transparent it all is [just picked because...last 8 years a disaster on and on] The powers that be,CORPORATIONS,will put into office who they want. The so called news people [HARDBALL & FRIENDS ] are paid by CORPERATIONS,and though some believe it is a liberal media,I can't see it The speech OBAMA gave was one of the best I have heard and yet it was overshowdowed by the Mc.vp pick. I have also seen some indications Obama may fold to the CORPERATIONS. I PRAY NOT,BUT I REALLY BELIVE BIG MONEY RUNS THIS COUNTRY ,NOT LOVE OF GOD ,COUTRY ,OR FAMILY! LORD I HOPE I AM WRONG AND THE RESULTS PROVE IT!!! OH WELL![:eek:]

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man: I think she would be a fair choice if it was tag team wrestleing.[8D]

I'd wrestle her any day. I have a feeling Obama's going to win no matter what McCain does; however, just because something is popular doens't make it the best choice. Nothing against Obama, I even think that when all is said and done he may just turn out to be a good president; however, that McCain ad implied it best the same morons who fawn over the likes of Paris Hilton, and other celebrities, are the ones who are driving this Obama Mania thing that is going on right now. Granted there are some of his followers who actually have an idea about what's going on; however, quite a few more are just voting for him because he's black, talks pretty, and tells them what they want to hear.

I would be much more harder on him; however, I actually have some faith that he just might be the kick in the teeth this country needs. BTW I'm voting McCain and his new milf vp. Booyah! LOL!

poisons4me

Reaction score
I'm with Lobe, I just wish he'd tell us how he really feels !!

bamascavenger

Reaction score
and people call ME callous and insouciant in my posts'! LOL! Love ya guys! MMMMwahhhh!!!

MORBIOUS; I respect other folks opinions, i may just have a hard time puting my real thoughts down on paper. Know what i mean, to me it does not seem bad, but it is percieved by others as not playing well. It's not that i do not value others opinions, It is that I question others opinion. How else do you learn fact from fiction if one person contradicts another? In 2nd grade my teacher gigged me on not playing well with others, maybe it stayed with me? I have really tried hard in life, i have 16 years of education.....I graduated 8th grade twice!! LOL!

Bill responded back to me today and quoted my "angry" letter here it is;

Your opening e-mail to me began: "According to your article in the SODA FIZZ it states that during 1942 to 1945 the bottles lost there red pigmentation because they needed it for the war effort. I bought what i thought was one and you could tell where the red use to be! think i got ripped off." Later in the e-mail, you said, "i spent way too much for something i should not have." I interpreted that as anger, but I now see what you sound like when you are angry.
Again, I had no intention of insulting you, and I'm sorry you took it that way. I will certainly refrain from communicating with you in the future. Bill.

I think i showed him what real anger was recently in an email! Now i do not have to eat crow, no where in that letter looks angry to me i just wanted answers and I was merely saying what was on my mind. Period.As for my other posts' People think i am short or curt with them, i must really beg the differ. Look back at where i have congratulated them on having a nice bottle etc... the only butting heads was between me and good old boy PAT. If i am misunderstood, or seem rough when typing,, I wil really try and pay close attention as to not offend any more collectors, I love the information and that article finally resolved the red pigmentation, except nobody produced a pure white 7up bottle in the war period. a RC was mentioned and then it was put in this issue of fizz to prove red was gone. Why use a royal crown bottle when 7up is in question. I just cannot understand that. And no i am not angry, the bottle is neat! And Kathy did a great job on researching material on how the bottles got the colors applied, I am quite sure it was very time consuming and tiresome and i sincerely thank you KATHY! P.S. Kathy just had some type surgery so i pray for you to recover very well, Hope everyone else will do the same. God Bless, Terry.[:)]

glass man

Reaction score
NOW THAT DID NOT SOUND ANGRY AT ALL! THE ARMY RANGERS LEAD THE WAY TO WHERE? My DAD was in the infantry in WW2 and was in a "DUCT" outfit and led the way to the beaches of SICILY! GO ARMY INFANTRY!{ THEY NEVER GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE} RIGHT ON! "OVER HILL OVER DALE WHEN THEY HIT THE DUSTY TRAIL AND THE CASSIONS GO ROLLING ALONG!!!"VOTE DENNIS KU[whats his name] ![8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles