Orange Crush Amber "Krinkly" Dating Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
shadeone

Great find - However, now it begs the question as to who and when the Mae West nickname originated? As for myself, I don't know.

Canadacan

Reaction score
From one news article it was referred to as the new Crystal bottle another just sated it was clear.
I guess the biggest name use was 'King Size'
As for Mae West?...I think that's just collectors terminology borrowed from the reference to Coke bottles? Me I actually prefer the less used term 'Diamond Draped' !!!...now I'd like to know where that one came from!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Cc

Have you seen this one?

Orange Crush New Bottle_The_Vancouver_News_Herald_Canada_Mon__Dec_5__1955 (3).jpg

Orange Crush New Bottle_The_Vancouver_News_Herald_Canada_Mon__Dec_5__1955_.jpg

Did ja know that Bludwine coined the nickname "Hobble Skirt" before the Patent 1915 Coca Cola bottle was designed?

Bludwine Sign Hobble Skirt Bottle.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Bob thanks for those!.. I'm sure I completely missed that giant bottle photo!

SODABOB

Reaction score
After doing some research, the best hypothesis I could come up with regarding why an amber Orange Crush bottle was produced as late as 1964, is as follows ...

1. The L64 is definitely a Laurens Glass Works mark for 1964

2. The 1095 is either a style number or a Laurens catalog number - The 1 is a mold cavity number

3. The bottle's existence may not be as mysterious as it seems. I believe it's not only possible, but highly likely that the Orange Crush bottle in question was bottled by a single bottler who specifically requested them from Laurens. Even though I cannot backup my single bottler hypothesis with any documentation, if the bottler can be found, I believe it would provide us with some additional information that might explain the rest of the story.

Question: WHO bottled it and WHERE were they located?

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S. / Suggestion

Conduct a search and see if we can find any other Orange Crush bottles with 1095 on the base, Especially if they can be dated earlier than 1964. I haven't done this yet, but will as time allows. If any exist, they could provide a clue or two.

Canadacan

Reaction score
You know it's entirely possible that it's a mold makers error.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Cc

I'm basing my hypothesis on the fact that Laurens used a solo L on some of their later bottles.

Laurens Glass Works L Mark sha.org.jpg

Laurens Glass Coca Cola Bill Lockhart and the Bottle Research Group.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed are different mold cavity numbers - 1 - 5 - and 6 - which suggest there were at least six molds on the bottle forming machine. If the marks are a mold makers error, then how do we account for the different mold numbers? Please note that I am just trying to make some sense of this and that noting is etched in glass yet (pun intended).

Orange Crush Bottle 1095 1 L64 Forum.jpg

Orange Crush Bottle 1095 5 L64 Forum.jpg

Orange Crush Bottle 1095 6  L64 eBay.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie