Paranormal investigation leads to bottle find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

colmike1

Reaction score
A few days ago we had a paranormal team visit our home to investigate ghost activity in our newly purchased old house. We had moved into the house just after buying it last September, and noted from time to time footsteps and door opening noises, but just chalked it up to old house noises from settling and shifting. By last spring, the noises where beginning to become more pronounced to the point we could tell without looking that it was just "ghosts", we joked about. But by July this summer, they began to become more prolific in how often they occurred, and even to the point you could anticipate the locked back door opening, or someone coming down the stairs with no one around. There was a definite eerie feeling about my wife and my bedroom, which has a small door leading into a storage room. Often at night, you could here rustling from the storage room, as if something or someone was moving in the storage room at night. By the end of July my wife's allergies and breathing problems were best alleviated by her sleeping downstairs, where the air conditioning was better and the humidity lower. By August, I was sleeping in our room alone, when the noises in the bedroom at night included hearing things moving on the dressers, and low murmuring sounds, with no one there when i turned on the lights. To make a long story shorter, the noises escalated to physical contact of hair pulling and pushing while I tried to sleep in the room. When I refused to go back to our bedroom to sleep, my wife concurred it was time to call in the professionals.
Leaving no stone unturned, the paranormal team completed a thorough investigation of our home, including the crawl space that was under the kitchen and bathroom downstairs. They had asked if we had ever found any bones in the crawl space (which is all dirt), to which we replied yes, but assumed they were old meat bones for pets.
One of the investigators began to dig around in the dirt in the crawlspace, and to our surprise, came out with an arm full of old bottles, shoes, and wood burning stove parts -- but no bones.
A couple days after the team left, my son and I crawled into the crawl space to investigate further, and I began digging where the paranomal team member told me he had been digging, and found more bottles and old shoes. But I also found an old iron water pipe,about 2 feet deep in the crawl space, which is not part of the current plumbing system. As I dug along the direction of the pipe I kept finding bottles, shoes, pieces of pottery, among other discarded stuff.
I have more than a dozen bottles, all of which appear to be from the 1890's to about 1929; as some are Owens glass bottles with "o" in square; and some are HJ Heinz bottles, of which by Heinz bottle codex, one bottle was made from 1892 - 1904.
I have a lot more digging to do as time goes on, and surmiss there maybe an old cistern at the end of the pipe which may offer even more old bottles.
Oh, yes the paranormal team did encounter a "spirit" in the store room, which was responding to there qustions verbally, and by knocks. We await the final report soon from the teams investigation.

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! KINDA SOUNDS LIKE WHAT EVER THE PARANORMAL IS ,IS KINDA GETTING ITS BUTT KICK CAUSE OLD BOTTLES ARE OVERWHELMING IT! ALRIGHT OLD BOTTLES! ONCE WHEN YOU SAID A "ARM FULL OF OLD BOTTLES". I THOUGHT IT WAS A SKELETON ARM STILL KLINGING TO THE OLD BOTTLES AND I CAN RELATE! JAMI

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: colmike1

. To make a long story shorter, the noises escalated to physical contact of hair pulling and pushing while I tried to sleep in the room.

My nephew is going through this now.He says he is being held down but the shoulders at night while he sleeps.I'll Pm you.

ncbred

Reaction score
I've had the "held down" experience three times in my life. You can't move, can't scream, can't do anything. Its weird, because you are wide awake. The first time it happened a day or two after I moved away from home the first time. The second and third time happened right after we moved into an old mill house. All three times came right after I woke up from a nightmare. I just attributed it to "being in an unfamiliar place".

Neat story colmike1. Feel free to post pics of your house and the bottles you found of course. I find paranormal stuff very interesting.

capsoda

Reaction score
He says he is being held down but the shoulders at night while he sleeps.
On his back or on his stomach????? Wellllllll!!!!!!!! it could make a difference. [;)] I'd kick some ghost but if it woke me up. I'd hang up some garlick and dried peppers and dried corn and......no...wait that is my home made soup recipe.

Just tell it or them to get the hell out in the name of Jesus and that it is your house. Open the door first. Clean your house once a week! Most of the ghosts down my way will let you sleep, Geeeeeez.

Welcome to the forum.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Neat story of how you found the bottles, but unfortunate in your bad experience. Once you get into bottles, you'll forget the ghost lol. If any ghost tried to mess with my bottles, they'd be in for it!
It can't hurt to smudge your house.

Clam

Reaction score
Ok Mike I have a sure fire fix for your paranormal problem.....For a low low fee I can send my mother in law over for the weekend !!!!!! If she does'nt scare the shit out of that ghost and make it leave nothing will[:)] I will even sweeten the deal...............................if that that ghost is not gone by the end of the weekend you can keep my mother in law !!!!!!

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
Who you gonna call...Bottle Busters! ...I am one of those skeptics on paranormal activity and actually have a pleasure going to a few "haunted houses" but never noticed a ghost. Many older homes have uneven floors, and drafts in the house will slam some doors; Old plumbing will also produce "hammer" bangs inside walls. Who knows, they may exist and I just don't see them. One word of advice, don't rent the movie "blairwitch project".

RedGinger

Reaction score
The ending was the only kind of scary part of that movie for me. I agree with you VA, I'm kind of a skeptic too, but I have friends who swear they've seen a ghost or that their house is haunted, so you never know.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
my house used to be haunted... my mom used to get pushed down the stairs... our lights would turn themselves off, our wall clock would readjust itself to georgia time, erie feelings like your being stared at but no one is there... the list continues... ill tell the story if anyone is interested...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR