rare coca-cola bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pcv309

Reaction score
Villa Rica Elictric Light Coca Cola bottle for sale

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Philip,

Welcome to this place. Seems like this might be an interesting bottle to some folks. I'm assuming yours says "Electric," though now, forevermore it's gonna be Elictric in these parts. Did'ya see this earlier offering from the Way Back Machine: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-1533/mpage-1/tm.htm#14632. That guy, "Guest," sure seems to know some stuff.

Please do stick up some good photos.

Did'ya see this great excavation STORY from a few years back?
1251397148doc46904710ac61d220821149.jpg

"The district lost two significant buildings contributing to the National Register on the east in July 2009. The city demolished the old Villa Rica Electric & Light and E.L. Esterwood mill (later known as Golden City Hoisery) for greenspace, amphitheater and future new city hall.
[3] The Villa Rica Electric & Light made ice and also was the local bottler for Coca-Cola from 1903-1923 in the hometown of Asa Candler." From Wiki-Rica.

"1903 - 1923
Villa Rica Coca-Cola Bottling Company
The Villa Rica Coca-Cola Bottling Company operated under the name Villa Rica Electric Light and Power Company. It had a twenty-year contract and operated from 1903 to 1923, when its territory was divided between the Carrolton and Rome Bottling companies. The original territory was Villa Rica, Douglasville, Winston and Tallapoosa, Georgia and Fruithurst and Muscadine, Alabama. (The Carrolton Coca-Cola plant served Bremen.) The delivery of "coke" to Tallapoosa and the Alabama towns was accompanied by rail shipment to Tallapoosa, where it was stored until route men disbursed it with a wagon and four mules. These deliveries often required a week or more.

The bottling operation in Villa Rica was very small, with an average of 50 to 100 cases being produced per week. A foot-operated pedal accomplished the crowning operation. Later, a semi-automatic operation was installed. The machine dispensed the syrup; the carbonated water was put in by hand, and the crowning was done automatically.

In addition to bottling, the company also in earlier years operated a 500-volt D.C. generator, which was the only electric power the city had. Several of the older homes in Villa Rica were wired for direct current. The streetlights were also D.C. The company also had an ice manufacturing plant, with the ice being delivered by mule and wagon, and later by truck.

W. B. Powell, Sr. was manager of the whole Villa Rica Light and Power Company with its various operational interests. Mr. Powell's son, W. B., Jr., said that when he was in high school, he and other high school boys worked in the bottling plant after school. During the winter, when sales were down, they operated from 3 p.m. until dark. When sales were up during the summer, they worked full-time. An interesting aside to this Coca-Cola Bottling history is the fact that the same company bottled Orange Crush, Strawberry Soda, Blossom Soda, Lemon and Lime Soda and Nu-Grape.

The brief history of the Villa Rica Coca-Cola operation comes from "The History of Villa Rica (City of Gold)", researched and written by Mary Talley Anderson of Villa Rica." From.

Again, please post good photos, as the only one I saw was a very poor image on Worthlesspoint.

natural.gif

glass man

Reaction score
COOL SURFMAN..I HAVE SEEN A FEW OF THESE OVER THE YEARS,BUT NEVER REALLY PAID ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY WENT FOR...BUT IN THE 70S I HAD I FRIEND THAT WAS SELLING HUTCH COKES FOR 100 BUCKS! COURSE AT THE TIME THAT WAS ABOUT A WEEKS WAGES AT THE FACTORY I WORKED AT...JAMIE

Holindaze

Reaction score
I would love to be able to get one of these, but i would have to use a payment plan

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Sorry, but without good pix to prove you have said bottle, you wont get a single bid, being new and all. Too many fly-by-night people pass through these parts of questionable nature.

glass man

Reaction score
I EMAILED THIS PERSON AND HE WROTE BACK SAYING HE SAW THEY WENT FOR 250 [TWO HUNDRED ETC] BUT HE WAS OPEN TO BIDS ETC. SAID THEY WAS A CHIP ON THE LIP AND SENT ME A LINK FOR A PICTURE,BUT IT WOULD NOT COME UP...THESE ARE COOL BOTTLES! JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn