So I have not been on a bottle dig in about 20+ years...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Houdini

Reaction score
So I have not been on a bottle dig in about 20+ years in Athens, Georgia. I have since moved back to my home town in Augusta, Georgia and went on my first dig here. Was pretty exciting as I went with an old pro who kind of gave me a refresher on what to do and what to look for. We first tried our hand at probing behind some early 1900 homes that were condemned downtown. No much turned up so we went to the known dump. there were old holes and broke discarded old sodas and snuff jars still there from previous diggers and holes that had been long since grown over. We tried a new spot by a hill area with not much luck. So we went back to the other tested areas and started to have some luck with a new hole.

To be continued...

RCO

Reaction score
did you find any bottles yet ? I still think its a good idea to check an old dump as there could still be something that was missed in past digs available to be found . and the older homes also seem like a good place to check but might be harder to find bottles there

Houdini

Reaction score
We probably found 7 whole amber snuffs, 9 Pharmacies, Lea & Perrins bottle, Couple of Bromo Seltzers and milk glass make-up jars, Clear ink, old toothbrush and a complete whiskey jug. I was in shock as I expected the jug to be chipped, cracked or have a broke off handle. Not bad for a first haul and most were complete without chips or cracks. I guess the sandy soil protected them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR