Some Sodas I grabbed today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wolfdog

Reaction score
hope you're on the road to recovery. i was at wishing well gifts last saturday and don let me go through the bottles up top again
and i got 3 iron mountain bottles. all the other bottles up top are ones i already have or not from the up. the one bottle i got and really like is from " upper michigan products company " out of iron mountain. they were in business from 1922-1933. it's not an acl but a sweet embossed deco bottle.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Nice. I haven't been in to see him since I met up with you there. There's a place on the way out of town just before m-95 called cobweb antiques or something similar. I was going to go there but they're never open. I'd like to get back up to Houghton soon and go visit Grandma's Antiques. She has a house and garage full of stuff...just packed full. I went there for about 5mins just as she was closing. Her prices are pretty outrageous. I was looking for a Noritake pattern that the wife likes and she had a saucer/cup and it was on "sale" for 45 bucks. My daughter even started laughing at that.

she also is selling the entire operation. at first she wanted 250k, now it's down to 140k...if I had access to that kind of change right now, I'd be at the door with a Uhaul....

Wolfdog

Reaction score
is that an older woman in houghton ? i may have been there last fall. cobweb is closed i caught a lady there one afternoon and she sold everything off. there is a guy between norway and vulcan that has a garage sale with some bottles and lots of other stuff.
i was in iron river not long ago stopped at a sale and the lady said her dad had one of the largest bottle collection in the up. he passed away and all i found were brown beer bottles.

ironmountain

Reaction score
yeah..it's that elderly woman in chassel on the side of the road...no wonder cobweb is never open....i'll have to check the guy in vulcan/norway, my friend might even know him...could be a nice hookup.

Ever drive down mainstreet Negaunee? holy antique stores...there are 4 or 5 just on that little bit of street...people are crazy for some of their bottle prices though..

Wolfdog

Reaction score
i just got home from nagunee. went to lowenstiens and tried to buy an bottle from marquette bottling works. paper label kinda faded.
there were 6 bottles in a wodden box. 5 of the 6 has labels that were trashed. the lady that was selling them told me for just the one it was 40 bucks. i told her if it was mint and full from the company it wasn't worth 40. lowest she would go was 25. no thanks.
i did score a sweet red jacket hutch for 10.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Oh man...you're the source for many jealous people. Red Jacket stuff is rare. Calumet before it was called Calumet. and 10 bucks..jeez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calumet,_Michigan

that hutch is an awesome find....

ironmountain

Reaction score
I just noticed something on that amber M bottle.in the large space inside the M it says Masons.was able to read it when holding it to the light.same thing on the neck.kind of neat.

Wolfdog

Reaction score
i couldn't pay fast enough for the hutch. i have a book called " old bottles and jugs of michigans copper country " there are three different joseph james red jacket pint hutch bottles. the one i got today is the third one. i already had the other two. there are some negaunee hutch bottles for 10 and a few other copper country hutch bottles for 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete