started out slow... got better

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
It was surprisingly warm out today so I figured I'd head for a dig at my favorite dig site with bottle from the late 1800's early 1900's dump. the dig went along slowly as most bottles I found were "same ofs" (common or ones I already have.) but I did find 3 local pharmacists and a Hutchinson bottle from the Bennington bottling co from North Bennington. one like this: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hutch-soda-bennington-bot-bennington-vt

The other keepers I dug where 3 local pharmacist bottles: 1. William L Gokay, 4 inch version, I've dug a 5 1/2 inch version of the same pharmacist. bottle made by w.t. co. 2. 5/12 inch clear w.t. co, Joesph M Ayres prescription druggist bottle. I saw the same bottle on display at the Bennington Museum and wile I doubt it highly valuable, I did make a note to try to dig that local pharmacist. and a small 3 1/2 inch pharmacist DA Ward it had a broken top but was mostly whole.
Other than that it was all commons, and I can't believe when I first started digging I'd almost cheer when I found a Bromo bottle. Now, I have a few I plan to donate to my friend who runs a consignement store where I sometimes find other bottles/glass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete