Talking about $4000 sprite bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i always thought it was bad when someone at the flea market would ask $20 dollars for a common soda bottle. but something like this just blows my mind. i can understand wanting to make a little money, but people should do some research. it seems like people just assume that because something is old it's a automatic goldmine.

diggermeister

Reaction score
WHAT?!? Must be a joke...it sure made me laugh [sm=lol.gif].
Or, perhaps there is some sort of hiddin message in the text. I have seen other listings with odd spellings, capital letters in the middle of words etc. that I always thought might be some form of secret communication...[8|].
I just can't believe that this listing is serious. As we all have seen, even the rarist of bottles (with fewer than 10 examples known) sell for ONLY $70,000 [8D]...

IRISH

Reaction score
It's a bargin now [:D] relisted at a massive discount [&:] http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1351&item=6188040106&rd=1 .
Sadly I don't think it's a joke but just a fool who thinks they hit the jackpot.

warith

Reaction score
I think the second auction is a different seller ("leighterese")! All the loonies are coming out to play!

The first bottle was being sold by a new seller called "chuck1743", who lists their address as "Wagga Wagga, Australia". The item was 'won' by an insane bidder called "luckychuckie1" (with a lot of recent negative feedback); from USA. Considering the similarity with the names, they could be shill bidding (a VERY expensive mistake on a $100k item!).

Very strange, what will be stranger still will be if they both leave each other positive feedback!!!

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Different bottle.The first had a torn label and a cradle.I guess seller #2 is hoping to find another sucker and cash in!

Better go have a look in the back of my liquor cabinet! [:D]

KAT

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson