the barbers uncluttered

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
a few nice barbers uncluttered. i finally found the sister of my frosted bohemian barber. both with open pontils and original stoppers. the white hand painted one has a ground pontil and the cobalt has a smooth base and the painting is perfectly intact with no flaws i can see.

93E869894DA9486CB57CCE0D5FDA2C6F.jpg

Attachments

• 93E869894DA9486CB57CCE0D5FDA2C6F.jpg
    93E869894DA9486CB57CCE0D5FDA2C6F.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 84

peejrey

Reaction score
One of my favorite ones is my Milk glass Hair Tonic.
I got it for $2, because they thought the enamel flowers meant it was a flower vase...[;)]
Nice Collection there, I love the blue one![:)]

kwalker

Reaction score
Barber's bottles I seem to hardly see. A lot of them look like any old decorative bottle until you look closely and see the detail and hand-work it took to make and garnish one of these. I like the milk glass one a lot....but all of them look awesome!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I'm not sure those stoppered bottles are considered barber bottles. People call them different things, like dresser bottles or fancy colognes. I'm not a barber bottle expert but I think they have a different form.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
correcto sir. i agree with you, the two red bohemians are listed in one of my kovels as barbers but either way i like them. the milk glass one is certainly no barber. sorry for making it seem like i was saying they were all barbers, ive always questioned kovels about the accuracy of the two red ones.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Barber bottles are not my area of collecting but I think the blue one would qualify as a barber bottle the others I dont think are.
One charactoristic seems to be the shaker spout. I dont think they would have ground glass stoppers.
I would like to know what the real name for those dresser bottles is.
Here are some barber bottles...
DSC_0094_copy.jpg

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i do agree with you trust me, the blue one is certainly a barber. prices out for big money too. anyone have any idea what the other three are?

epackage

Reaction score
I have a cool Barber, 24 ribs....Got it during the Christmas Bottle Trade here....

barberbottleRyan.jpg

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
this is another shot of some well known barbers, two of which have flared lips and made for ground stoppers. once again this is not me arguing with anyone im trying to figure this out as well and giveing more examples

http://www.antiquebottles.com/barber/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete