Vanishing bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
You should see the bottles I have that arent really there!! Gunther classic

Yes BlobbottleBob you sounded like Dr. Spock............................................Of the Starship enterprise not the Childrens mental health advocate.

RIBottleguy Just take the time to inventory them two fold, a sticker on the base and a spread sheet will work its well worth the time.It might take a couple of weekends depending on the size of the collection but do it to avoid this bad feeling you are experiencing.

glass man

Reaction score
THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH BOTTLES FOR ME,BUT WITH RECORD ALBUMS...I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MY HUMBLE PIE ALBUM I KNOW I HAVE SOME WHERE.IT HAS THE SONG "30 DAYS IN THE HOLE"...

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Heh, thanks Bob and everyone else. I'm 22, so I ought to be far from the beginnings of memory loss. I also catalog all of my bottles on index cards. I'm usually good at knowing where a specific notable bottle is. Except for that Jared Spencer flask I had illuminated in my window. I came home one day, and couldn't find the darn thing...

Plumbata

Reaction score
Sounds like quite the dilemma! Same thing happened to me when i had arranged to trade a rare beer+stopper for a rare stenciled jug. I went to look for the beer, and couldn't find it. After an hour or so I did locate it, but the stopper was gone. Only months later did I find the darn thing, in a box that it was never consciously placed in.

If it makes you feel any better, I seem to have lost the coin book that has my XF+ 1955 double die penny in it, and a container holding about 2 pounds of nice old foreign silver crowns. Dunno where the heck they are, I certainly hope they haven't been stolen but it is a possibility, and a costly one at that [&:].

cyberdigger

Reaction score
....I keep forgetting to reply to this thread! OK.. what is this post about? ..be right back...

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Is it possible the bottle didn't make it home from the bottle show? Meaning someone with sticky fingers may have walked off with it? [>:] ~Mike

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
I did a lot of memory-searching, and your thought didn't escape me. It wouldn't make sense to steal only one of the pair of medicines, it would seem to obvious that one was missing. Plus, I know all the members of the club pretty well. The first bottle is more probable since it was at a show, but it was a small show. It was outdoors and in the wide open. Since it was a very windy day I was always glancing towards my bottles to make sure there were no casualties (there was a minor one sadly).
I remember packing it back up too, so it leaves me few options. There seems to be a wayward box of bottles somewhere. Either it is somewhere in my storage facility, or perhaps it was misplaced in my friend's car. I used his car to transport my bottles there, so they might have been mixed up. I did search his collection a little, though.

bne74honda

Reaction score
I've had a few bottles just vanish on me....at least I thought they vanished. That is until I pick up a tiny shard in my heel and the girlfriend tells me how the @*&!%^@& cat knocked it over!!

B

jdogrulz

Reaction score
Just do what I do..... Ask the wife.. she always knows where I leave my stuff[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960